Question on the Save Tellico stickers

mbalbritton

#@$%!
Just wondering if there is anything about the site and the way you order that is keep people from ordering? Reason I ask is that I've received 19 orders. Far fewer than I expected. This has been advertised on at least 4 boards that I know of.

I can't tell if it is just a lack of interest in making donations to the Rescue Tellico Fund. Or a lack of trust in placing orders over thru the site, or maybe a lack of money since Christmas is here and the kiddies need toys.

I'm not trying to push or guilt anyone into buying stickers, ust wondering if there is anything I'm not seeing that is keeping people from ordering.

Thanks in advance

It might have something to do with the way you order them, I know the whole email way of doing it kinda weirded me out in the beginning. I wound up being a really easy way of doing it, but it might just be the novelty (never ordered anything that way) of the process

Thanks, yes I can understand that, and if it puts anyone else at ease, I did that because I didn't want to get into payment security issues of buying online.

What happens is, you hit submit and there's a php and java script that compiles into an email that is sent to me. I then manually keep track of who ordered what. I follow up with an email to ask how you want to pay and where to send payment. I'm looking at adding a simple Paypal "Buy now" button since people maybe a little more familiar and comfortable with that.

To be honest, this is the first web page I've built from concept to launch. with a little help in the php department from a co-worker. so some of the process may be a little elementary.

any more thoughts?

Paypal button would be nice.. You could include information in the payment.. like number of stickers, black or white, and address to ship to.

haha, if i'm not mistaken, you can set it up where there is an option for "quantity" to purchase, and then paypal actually makes the calculation and totals it...i've never set one up, pm Rob or something since the board takes donations thru paypal, see what the deal is.

yes there is, BUT the savetellicofund@crazy8graphics.com account on Paypal is a basic level. In order for me to up the level, I need a bank account to assign to it. Can't do that due to accounts being tied to other paypal accounts, blah, blah blah, i.e. already explored that. I could use another paypal account for people to deposit to, but I want to keep this fund separate from my personal account.

Brent and I talked about this the other day and I think he is going to put a paypal button out there if that would be easier for everyone.

I know it is the holidays and we have presents to buy but think about this as a present for yourself. Brent is donating his time and materials and I am donating the webhosting and neither of us will see a penny for this not even our expenses/costs. All of it is being donated directly to the legal fund.

I would have bought them sooner as I was skeptical about the literacy of the sites producer. Seems he can't spell Guardrail:flipoff2::flipoff2: Might get a decal that reads: SaV TeLiCo

fwiw, I had set up the paypal button for my t-shirts a while back, and found that it seemed like it was more of a PITA than just having people email me, and then sending a paypal invoice, or just having them paypal me $ directly after confirming the order...
just checked out the site, and maybe it is confusing that you seem to have an email/payment hybrid order form? Might be easier just to have an email link and have people email you directly with what they want, then you send them an invoice...
or set it up to go straight direct paypal ordering...
Maybe that's the confusing thing?
Oh, and as an aside from someone who has sold, or tried, to sell a lot of stuff online, figure that for every 20 people who tell you what a great ideas something is, how cool the sticker/shirt/whatever is, and promises to buy one, maybe one or two people will actually come through with the $$$....
just some thoughts...

Might be easier just to have an email link and have people email you directly with what they want, then you send them an invoice...
or set it up to go straight direct paypal ordering...

thanks Spat, and actually, that is just what that order form is doing. My script takes those fields and emails them to me in the same format everytime. that way I don't have to hear all your life stories and search for the info I need ;) :D

Then I turn around with another email (generic pre-typed email) asking for mailing address and payment info.

but then I guess what you are saying is it may not look that way on the page. noted, thanks.

yeah, I was just saying that at first glance, it looks like you're filling out an order form, not an email...and that might confuse people...
but you'll never be able to make it totally idiot proof - the idiots just keep getting dumber.
:)

Build it idiot proof and the village builds a better idiot.

one thing,

i just placed an order,

it never said to me that i had placed it, or at least never told me explicitly, it just went back to the same page, for all i know i could have ordered it twice, since i clicked it twice hoping to see a different message

if it said a simple, Thank you, after i think it may help. or maybe it is just the :beer: making me all cornfused

one thing,

i just placed an order,

it never said to me that i had placed it, or at least never told me explicitly, it just went back to the same page, for all i know i could have ordered it twice, since i clicked it twice hoping to see a different message

if it said a simple, Thank you, after i think it may help. or maybe it is just the :beer: making me all cornfused

Brent will send you a confirmation email.

Back