PS2 game suggestions

bigmackloud

Hey,

well on an impulse buy, i got a ps2 on ebay tonight. it started with me really wanting to play the old army men game. so i was like, hey i'll get a cheap N64. but then a buddy talked me into a PS2. i really hadn't planned to spend the money, but too late now, lol.

ne ways, i still really want to get an Army Men game cause i loved the old one. I also want a James Bond gam. i never cared much for the missions but i loved the multiplayer part.

but now i realize there are multiple versions of both of these games. suggestions on which to get?

thanks,
bigmac

Hey,

well i don't have $600 to blow on a gaming system, and honestly i'm not much of a "gamer." i just want something to play from time to time and my old snes wasn't really up to par any more.

thanks,
bigmac

yea i hear ya. im not much of a gamer anymore. takes away from jeep money. i just play my bros. but i would have bought a box over the ps2. there about the same price and well the box is so much better its features are just a step above. but good luck with the ps2.

Socom 4: combined assult.

The best online play I have ever seen. IMHO
Only problem with Xbox is you have to pay to play online which blows.

Hey,

don't tell me how great the Xbox is... i just bought a PS2! lol. seriously, you're making me feel bad, haha. let me console myself by saying i'm sure the ps2 is much better than my old snes and i'll be happy with it.

back to the subject at hand though, which versions of army men and james bond are good on ps2?

thanks,
bigmac

Where in Raleigh you at?
If I can find it i've got a copy of one of the army men for ps2 and I know I have some of the older ones for ps1 (can be played)
and some of the bond games, (if I haven't lent them out)
as for which is better, xbox or ps2? it REALLY depends.
Gran Turismo and SOCOM almost sells the PS2. Halo and Halo2 sells the xbox. Other than those, the other games are basically the same, unless you have an HD tv, and then the xbox tends to do weird things with the HD output on lots of combat games. (ESPECIALLY "Enter the Matrix" that game sucked if you have 1080i enabled)

Hey,
don't tell me how great the Xbox is... i just bought a PS2! lol. seriously, you're making me feel bad, haha. let me console myself by saying i'm sure the ps2 is much better than my old snes and i'll be happy with it.
back to the subject at hand though, which versions of army men and james bond are good on ps2?
thanks,
bigmac

Hey,

hscrugby - i'm in N. Raleigh. i live over by Rex Hospital. let me know if you have an Army Men game you want to part with. otherwise i'll prob try to pick one up on ebay asap. cause a ps2 w/o any games is no fun, lol.

i love racecar games so GT4 will prob be in my future.

thanks,
bigmac

I know this is not what you have mentioned you are looking for but I find the game fun anyways. I recommend Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero 2 (which just came out). Basicly if you get the full setup you get a SG controller which is basicly a small version of a guitar. Has some good songs on either of the two. I have yet to play the second one but I have seen the song list and I must say it is nice to see a lot of the older "hair" bands that are found on it. Now as far as an army type game and I may be confused here cause you say Army Men and the first thing that pops in my head is those little plastic green guys a few of us has a small kids that someone decided to turn into a video game. But I would recommend on an army styled game maybe trying America's Army. I am unsure of the game play on the PS2 but I play this for the PC and I enjoy it fully. Hope this Helps in your choices. I recommend you try Guitar Hero atleast once. I wasn't good at it at all first time I played it but I can now beat a few of the first songs on Hard setting.

Yea, that's the things
:)
Army Men, I'm guessing at least?

I can't seem to find my PS2 army men games?
a lot of my older ps2 games seemed to have wandered over to my old neighbor's house, (their kid was constantly borrowing them) and I forgot to get most of them back before moving.
I tend to play most games once, then wander along to something else.

I have Army Men "air attack" for the ps 1 if you want it? (if you wanna meet up somewhere today? near Brier Creek etc) It plays on the ps2. I'm up off of Leesville, I know the EB games over in brier creek has a pretty good selection of used ps2 games. I like the one on the Target side, (at the stoplight, across from Caribou Coffee) better than the one on the Walmart side.
cheers

I'm telling you SOCOM... THE BEST Military game for PS2. IMHO I think its better than halo but I'm Partial to PS2 over Xbox. But really SOCOM is the way to go... No doubt. I've played "Army Men", "Call of Duty", "Starwars: Battle front", "Hitman 1-2" (which is a good game), These games single player come close to SOCOM but the online play for SOCOM is the best.

A S-video input for PS2 is a great investment it is 100X better than whatever the other 2 are called

I'm telling you SOCOM... THE BEST Military game for PS2. IMHO I think its better than halo but I'm Partial to PS2 over Xbox. But really SOCOM is the way to go... No doubt. I've played "Army Men", "Call of Duty", "Starwars: Battle front", "Hitman 1-2" (which is a good game), These games single player come close to SOCOM but the online play for SOCOM is the best.

A S-video input for PS2 is a great investment it is 100X better than whatever the other 2 are called

You can't really compare "Army Men" to SOCOM.
Completely different.
But as for "s-video" the best is still "component"
The order is rf, (like a coax cable plug), composite, {your standard RCA plugs, two for audio (red, white) and 1 for video(yellow)}then s-video, (little plug with 4 pings and then some method for audio.) THEN component. Component allows for 480p, and has 3 rca style plugs for video, and something for audio.
But since it's an impulse, buy, it's prolly not going to a HD tv, with a digital audio receiver. :)

Never heard of component. Never seen the cable.

big money...or at least when it first came out...

it's what you use to connect a high definition TV...three cables just for video, plus a digital coax or something else for audio...

when I bought my first HD DVD, it was <$200...then it cost me $119.99 for a 6' component video cable and $79.99 for a 6' digital audio cable...prices are WAY down from when the stuff first came out, but component is the way to go...

the "basics" of compenent video is it splits the color...you'll see them labeled a couple different ways:

Y, B-Y, R-Y
Y, Pb, Pr
Y, Cb, Cr

all based on RGB (Red, Green, Blue)...the only three colors you can actually see...

the Y contains the brightness or black/white info...the B-Y or Pb or Cb tells how much blue there is relative to the rest, and the R-Y or Pr or Cr tells how much red there is...the difference left over is how much green, which is why there's no G-Y, Pg or Cg...

abluejeanscable.com_store_component_compcmbo.jpg

Greg

I vote for GT 1-4!

Back