Propane safety question

Webbinator

Might sound like a stupid question, but here goes. I need to get a drop in bedliner for my pickup. What, if any issues might there be with the static that is know to build up with a drop in and carrying my propane tanks to be filled? I know there can be issues with gas cans but didn't know if I need to be worried about my tanks.

Nothing to worry about. Isn't the static concern only with plastic gas cans? I'd do a spray-in over a drop-in anyday, definately worth the price difference.

What 'Nuts said,

Fork lifts generate a huge amount of static depending on the surface /tires they are running, most of the static is disipated thru a ground strap, but they are often ripped off, and the result can be a nice jolt. As long as the tanks aren't leaking, you got no worries.

Kevin

Speaking of forklifts and jolts....

Ever run a wire from the spark plug to a spring poking up through the seat?? Thats a great laugh... But I don't recommend that type of immature behavior anymore.......

OK, thanks guys. And, believe me, I would love to do a spray in liner. The cost difference is huge though. I can spend the money I save on the jeep. :D

Back