Propane Compression

Sounds like you're running a little rich, unless a 258 is one of those very inefficient engines, which I don't think they are? You outta get more run time from a bottle.

IF he's getting 5 hours of run time, thats not too bad. I ran all day Friday, and all day Sunday on one tank(each day) run time vs trail time. I do know I run much better and longer with my pane! All day running at Tellico, I usually run out on trail 1 somewhere on the way back. and 258's are not know for great mileage. But then again, what AMC engine was?

upnover said:
IF he's getting 5 hours of run time, thats not too bad. I ran all day Friday, and all day Sunday on one tank(each day) run time vs trail time. I do know I run much better and longer with my pane! All day running at Tellico, I usually run out on trail 1 somewhere on the way back. and 258's are not know for great mileage. But then again, what AMC engine was?

Not sure if I understand what you said here. How long are you saying on actual run time? We were out on the trails at Uwharrie a total of about 7 hours. I extimate that about 5 of that my jeep was actually running. I ran out one tank and had to switch to the other about 15 minutes before we finished the day.

I am talking running time. When engine is running, idling, pulling, rolling. I have considered putting an hour Gage on mine so it's easier to see how long I am running.

upnover said:
I am talking running time. When engine is running, idling, pulling, rolling. I have considered putting an hour Gage on mine so it's easier to see how long I am running.

No, I got that part. :) I guess I asked the question wrong. How many hours (actual run time) do you estimate you are getting from a tank? I know you are running a different motor and all, but I'm just curious what yours is coming out to.

Back