Project Piggy Bank - 83 FJ60 Landcruiser

Got an extra one? New is not gong to happen for $200. I can get aa 95 model for $50 but its lacking the reservoir.

All junk yards near me don't have one.

So far a CruiserParts.net seems like the best deal at $50 plus the ride for a complete unit.

Enuff workin. Time to wheel. You gonna have it out at the event this weekend?!

It depends. I'll be down Friday to run the gate. Got a family function to attend Saturday, so I'll have to pull out in the morning. I'll tow it down for a lap if I can get this brake situation fixed.

Well I got home after a long day of my rear brakes dominating my thoughts.

Upon further inspection, I grabbed a 22mm and tried to twist what I believed to be a proportioning valve in half. After bracing it with my oposing arm, several mighty attempts, and a few minutes later...something gave.

I took this stuff out. Reinstalled sans the washer thing and spring.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Much to my surprise, no drag other than welded rear and good enough to run brakes even without bleeding the rear!

Wheeled it like I stole it this weekend. Not too many pics, but it was fun. Combo of ton of rain and fresh leaves on the ground made for some good times that ultimately lead to winch fest.

Other than loosing air in a front tire my rig did great. Buddy lost steering when the internals on his IFS steering box crapped out. He winched to the back of my rig and I towed him out. No pics but very sketchy a few times where he was trying to drive off the trail and I was fish tailing trying to stay on the trail!

It was nice not having to worry about the rear end!

FullSizeRender_2.jpg
FullSizeRender_3.jpg

Last edited:
Piggy Bank pulled it's replacement off the trailer today and will be relieved of it axles prior to moving on down the road.

My kids cried and I told them it would be ok and we were building a truck...A Little Blue Truck.

IMG_20170318_192319211.jpg

Last edited:
Back