Project Nurple

Georgia Mike

1993 Jeep ZJ. Bought it in non-running condition a few weeks ago, got it sorted out so it now runs. Problem was an incorrectly installed CPS. It wasn't tightened down all the way so it moved around while attempting to run. I jammed a stick in there to test if that was the issue. It was, so now it runs. (yes I did do a semi-proper repair after I took out the stick)

20230912_173100.jpg

20230903_172258.jpg

Now on to more exciting things.

I stripped the interior (it was REALLY nasty). We've all seen stripped interiors, no need for pics lol

First mod done is adding frame stiffeners from DB Metalworx. I liked these because they wrap around all three sides in the main section.
20230918_180309.jpg

Future plans are tons, 40s, long arms, the usual stuff. Nothing groundbreaking with this build, but I do see some tube work in the future if I can get competent enough to use my newly acquired (but used) tube bender.
Oh yeah, I might want to fix that exhaust, too.

Welcome to the best forum left! Throw those you tubes up too! Love your interior removal!

Gonna follow this one. I have had a few ZJ’s and loved all of them. Stock to tons and short arm to fill custom long arms. 37” was as big as I went but kept full body panels too. Wait on the exhaust till it’s all done and flexed out. It get tricky going up and around the rear.

Thanks Glenn. I'm especially skittish about self-promoting in places I'm relatively unknown. Gotta get a read on the room before I do it anymore.

Oh, and look.....something jumped into the back of my truck on the way home today!

Attachments

• 20230920_161516.jpg
    20230920_161516.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 20230920_161522.jpg
    20230920_161522.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 20230920_161554.jpg
    20230920_161554.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 99
Thanks Glenn. I'm especially skittish about self-promoting in places I'm relatively unknown. Gotta get a read on the room before I do it anymore.

Oh, and look.....something jumped into the back of my truck on the way home today!
Had the same set do it to me. Where do you order yours from.

Wait on the exhaust till it’s all done and flexed out. It get tricky going up and around the rear.
Gonna throw a straight piece of pipe in there between the headpipe and muffler just for now. I plan to take it to Gulches sometime very soon with Ghost.

Had the same set do it to me. Where do you order yours from.
Ordered mine straight from Interco off of their Blem List. Ordered Monday morning, they showed up today.

Ordered mine straight from Interco off of their Blem List. Ordered Monday morning, they showed up today.

Makes sense… me as well. Been watching them for a week or so. Has been saying 5 available but I know multiple people who have gotten them. Aka “blems” they are just selling direct.

Wait, you guys have a responsible side?
I told my self I need a garage to park the jeep in before I get stickies.... Trying to keep that promise.
Shows the magical 5 left still lol 😂 hell of a deal for stickies. Weird how they have had 5 for a couple weeks. He has 4 of them and I do too lol
Yea. I'm sure they have a lot and that makes people thinnk oh I need to call and order some!

From what I hear hand delivered!
Yeah, we met up in Cleveland. Talked about lots of options. Made my head spin, lol.

Ordered more parts last night from various companies, and totally forgot about part of the conversation Andy and I had on Monday. Wound up ordering a front truss from someone else after he plainly told me they were working on making one for the same axle I have.

My grey matter is getting thin 🙄

BIG NEWS EVERYONE!!!!

no, not really. Still waiting on the truss :shaking: On the bright side, it's supposed to be here tomorrow! I know, I've thought that before so who knows if it'll actually make it here this time. No one seems to know why it was sent back to TnT. All I know is the same day they received it back, it was ready to be reshipped (re-reshipped??) back to me. So anyway, here's a video that does prove I've been working on the ZJ (even though I already posted pics of it earlier in this thread.)

Oh, and I had to change the name of it because apparently "Nurple" is a racial slur? Yeah, I'd never heard it used that way before either, so you're not alone. Now it's just called the ultra-generic "One Ton ZJ" to hopefully not offend anyone and satisfy the YouTube gods. Maybe now I'll finally get some views on the channel's playlist. You know, if the truss actually shows up and I get anything done to it.

In the meantime, I'll be working on my BiL's 98 TJ. The clutch went out on it months ago, and now he says it won't even start. So yay...I get to work on that thing again. The last time I worked on it was simply to just get the cobbled-together lift kit sorted out. It wound up turning into a lift kit removal, body lift install, new chain in the transfer case and regearing the rear axle. Let's hope things go a lot more smoothly this time.

Enjoy, and constructive criticism is more than welcome.

So, the truss finally showed up this week! After my last post I realized I never updated the debacle it was trying to get it.

Ordered it October 26th
Shipped November 7th (was warned when ordering about lead-time, so I understood)
Scheduled to be delivered November 10th
According to UPS tracking, it made it to within 10 miles of my house, then was notified "damage reported-returning to sender"
Neither me nor the guys at TnT could figure out how they could damage a freakin' truss, so we waited for it to be returned.
UPS didn't get in any hurry delivering it back to them.
TnT finally received it November 21st
Shipped again to me November 21st, so no damage apparently
Delivered November 28th

So, there's that.
Now waiting for more Ironman parts to come in (again, forewarned of lead-time so no worries)

That's all I've got. No work getting done as usual. I could blame it all on UPS, but let's be honest...I'm kind of lazy.

Attachments

• 20231128_161721.jpg
    20231128_161721.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 43
Back