Pricing Advice: Dana 30 and 44 Axles From 2011 JKU

JGattonII

Hi Guys.
Trying to get an idea of a reasonable asking price for stock axles (Dana 30 front and Dana 44 rear) from my 2011 JKU. Complete hub to hub - with the exception of wheel sensors. 3.21 gears and around 75,000 miles on them when pulled. I tried searching craigslist and couldn't find anything to use as a comparison. I did check out Car-Parts.com but it seems that those are priced very high. Any advice would be appreciated!

I would say $1200 for the dana 30 and $1500 for the D44.

But you are correct their inst much market to go off of.

I'd agree with the lower price. The JK take off market is flooded. There are decent deals on rubi axles if you look a little. The stock combo is pretty strong but so many are taking them off and you can find the set for less than a grand some places. Good luck dude!

Well i'm sure I was way off then.

These guys are pros and deal with selling buying axles all the time.

I was going off the top of my head what I would expect to pay.. maybe you can find a dumbass like me though!

IMO you'll be lucky, and I mean really frikken lucky to get $1000 for the pair.

I'd agree with the lower price.

Well i'm sure I was way off then.

Well, maybe not... So I had both axles posted on here and on CL for $1200 (enough to give a plenty of negotiation wiggle room.) A guy makes me an offer for the front axle only and - based upon the advice above - I felt that it was probably close to what I should expect. He calls me yesterday when he was about ready to head this way. As soon as I hung up, there were two new messages on my phone. I replied to one saying that the potential buyer was on the way to get it. The guy instantly calls me back and tells me that he would have given me the full $1200 for the axles. He said that he was "in the business" and that a bare Dana 30 front axle from a JK are going for $800 wholesale right now. I tell him that I wish I'd know that before accepting the offer (which was a good bit lower than that) but that I'd let him know if the deal fell through. Well, about 30 minutes later, the truck pulls up to buy my front axle and the sign on the side was for a salvage yard... The guy whips in, gets his powered tailgate in position and quickly drags the axle into the bed of his truck and closes the tailgate. Pulls the cash out of his pocket, counts it twice, places it in my hand, almost runs to get into his truck and drives off. I, on the other hand, walk sulkily into the house feeling like a dumba$$ for accepting a seemingly low-ball offer.

tl;dr According to a source, bare JK front axles are going for $800 wholesale right now and I'm a dork...

Well if you can find a way to sell them insurance companies (like he probably is) you can sell for that kind of coin.
Person to person isn't nearly as lucrative...

All's well that ends well I guess!

Back