Post up your weekend project!!

Bricked up 9 crawlspace vents, not bothering with the other 6 out of sight. I'm still waiting for the mortar to cure and lighten up to see how well the color matches (supposed to be slightly tan). I tooled the joints a little deep on this one, or brushed it too much. It's slightly obvious because the new brick is smoother edged than the existing brick, but who cares. I gave everything my best eyeball job, no straightedges or string were harmed during this project.

I wish I took a "before" shot of the shitty looking plastic bullshit. Hooray for sealed crawlspaces!

IMG_20160404_180324310.jpg

IMG_20160410_075822444.jpg

This. Went from a free, behind the dumpster at work questionable heep, missing a ton of parts to running, cutting badass in only a few hours.

Almost finished building the picnic table for the deck, but I am hating how much the composite decking I want to use to finish it costs.

I know of a family owned lumber biz with a location in Raleigh that would certainly help you out.
PM me what you're looking for and I'll make a call for you :)

Our 1990 White-Westinghouse range died. We've only had the house for 2 years, so I don't care and I'm not going to spend the few hundred bucks to replace the burners and rheostats and burner connectors. Time for something....newer.

So I bought this sweet dual-fuel (gas range, electric oven) slide in gas range (@trailhugger should approve):

amedia3.bsh_group.com_Product_Shots_1100x1100_MCSA00679646_HDIaafeb301d0636930ae3174c269a86914.jpg

But it's a 30 inch opening, and our range was a 29 inch opening, because for some reason a 30 drop-in was actually a 29 inch opening in 1990 because it didn't have side panels like a freestanding 30 inch range.

So I started with this (complete with cookie sheet from lunch nachos):
IMG_20160424_120631151.jpg

And then I cut the countertop back to the wall, and flushcut the luaun, and cut through the strongback, and removed the cabinet on the right, and cut 1 1/8 inches out of the wood flooring, and 1 inch out of the baseboard molding, and moved the cabinet 1 inch to the right, and fastened it all back together. The new range needs to go all the way back so it's flush with the wall. It overhangs the counter so the counter edges will be completely hidden.

And now I have this:

IMG_20160424_184244578.jpg

Now all I need is to get the gas line run from the crawlspace under the kitchen so I can install this thing..

And a new kitchen.

Last edited:
View attachment 214891 got the liner in and almost filled up. Still need to landscape around it and make some fish hideouts in it

Looking good. My wife was talking Coy ponds again this past weekend. Her list grows faster than I can cross things off.

I built this ....

ai133.photobucket.com_albums_q65_Lizooki_9B4159D9_B809_4067_9AF5_BA247DBD6F5B_zpse3ls4tuq.jpg

Anyone wanna see it upclose I'll be at the Arts on Trade street festival on Trade St. in Winston-Salem on Sunday. I'll have this and several more instruments for sale.

Thats awesome. I built a similar one for my boy when he was 2.5 yrs old. It took me about a month to get it assembled. I built an 'addition' to it late last fall when he turned 5. I will post some pictures.
Post some pics please. I've already thought about future additions.

It took me about 5 weeks of on and off working on it. We had her party this past Saturday and everyone loved it. Was worth the money and time to see her big smile.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I built this ....

View attachment 216330

Anyone wanna see it upclose I'll be at the Arts on Trade street festival on Trade St. in Winston-Salem on Sunday. I'll have this and several more instruments for sale.
Very cool. My youngest just told me this past weekend that she wanted to learn to play the uke. I'll have to see what we have going on Sunday.

Nice... Ive recently discovered that playground slides are stupid expensive.
yes, when you break down the cost on the pre-made "play structures" there is almost nothing in the wood (as you can tell by the fact that it's typicall cheap, thin stuff) and minimal grade hardware.
It's the damn slides and swings and hook and plastic climbing wall rocks and all that craps that is expensive.

When I built a really simple one for our kids, I just found somebody w/ an old rotten one on CL and bought it for the plastics, thew away everything else and built my own.

This project started about 3 years ago. We bought a swing set from Sam's Club when my boy was almost 2.5 yrs old. We were living in a rental house while our new house was being built. I knew I was going to have to move it, but didn't want to wait any longer to build my boy a swing set. I was surprised how long it took to assemble it. I think it took me about a month. I had two drills, one set up with drill bit and one with Phillips bit, and also had my air ratchet to try and speed up the assembly.

As it arrived off the truck:
Swing set in boxes.JPG

Under construction with my little helper:
Swing set under construction.JPG

Under construction with my little helper:
Swing set-4.jpg

Last edited:
Finished at rental house:
SS done-1.jpg

SS done-2.jpg

Moved it to our new house:
Moving day.JPG

I designed this addition last summer/early fall and built it in the late fall. Phase 2 of the addition are going to be a climbing net, straight/wave slide and a short zip line. I'll probably do that this coming fall. I'm also going to redesign and rebuild the roof to work better with the addition.

Addition fireman pole.jpg

Addition 2.jpg

addition 3.jpg

Last edited:
Back