Possible future daily driver

I've driven a T-rex….this thing isn't close to a T-rex. This seems really gimmicky to me, but maybe I'm just a hater.

Or maybe the T-Rex costs an order of magnitude more than this thing so it can be made with high quality components and engine. I would kind of worry about how well it will hold together considering how expensive a run of the mill motorcycle is new off the line nowadays. This costs less than a lot of those.

Or maybe the T-Rex costs an order of magnitude more than this thing so it can be made with high quality components and engine. I would kind of worry about how well it will hold together considering how expensive a run of the mill motorcycle is new off the line nowadays. This costs less than a lot of those.

your assuming that motorcycles use cost base pricing. I would say that almost all new automobiles do not use cost base pricing anymore.

I do find it funny that some of the same guys who say they wouldn't feel safe in the Elio would have no problem driving a no-top-or-doors CJ on the highway.

Because a no-top Jeep is cool, and this is not.

Agreed, but the reasoning is never "because the Elio looks like a giant 3 wheeled vibrator" or that "the color options looks like a bag of Skittles" or it looks like a Prius just sh!t it". It's always "It doesn't look safe." It's an enclosed cab motorcycle with three airbags, a "rollcage frame" and anti-lock brakes!

You could always wish for this degree of safety:

Seriously though. For what it's intended to do - be a single seat commuter car with insanely high MPG's for a low price tag, it should fit the bill nicely. Problem is, they are trying to go after the wrong market in the wrong country. America is biggie-sized. I know more single child families that Immediately went out and bought Suburbans, "Just because we will need the space for our 'growing' family, than I can count. Gas will shoot up to $4 and people will still hold on to their behemoth vehicles slurping down gas at the rate of 12 MPG. It's just how we are.

Yeah, I wouldn't be buying it to look "cool"...anybody that knows me, knows that is almost impossible!
I just want it to put more money in my pocket instead of the gas pump. I wouldn't care if someone pulled up next to me pointing & laughing, I'll smile back & wave as I pass them at the gas station.

In case anybody on the east side of NC is interested, they'll be at the Triangle Town Center in Raleigh, NC starting today through Sunday & making a trip to VA next weekend.
http://www.eliomotors.com/find-us/#events

Agreed, but the reasoning is never "because the Elio looks like a giant 3 wheeled vibrator" or that "the color options looks like a bag of Skittles" or it looks like a Prius just sh!t it". It's always "It doesn't look safe." It's an enclosed cab motorcycle with three airbags, a "rollcage frame" and anti-lock brakes!

My reason is "it doesn't look safe" but closely followed by "I'd rather die in an unsafe cool Jeep than a 3-wheeled vagina." :p

It's cool and all until you get sideswiped by a texting soccer mom in a suburban.

Back