Pitiful 44 Minispool quality

6BangBronk

I went to install a mini-spool I got from Complete Offroad like a year ago in my front D-44 and if anyone ever seen a mini from a 44 you would understand my problem. One of the blocks that slide in was 1/8" too big? It was a full 1/8" bigger than it's mate? Being hardened steel, I grinded til my hand got tired and she was glowing red. That only polished one side. So I had to just weld the one block in so it wouldn't slide. Heck, I could have just welded spiders if I knew I had to weld? I'll find out Sat. if it will hold with one block.
Anyone else heard of that deformality? Think Complete Offroad would do anything for me? I'm heading to URE this weekend so I had to make do. Truck was open in front and back and I wanted to have more fun than that.

I have always had good luck dealing with Complete Offroad. But I have never used any kind of mini-spool.

Sam(slim)

are you sure you didnt have the one for the other carrier?

Anyone else heard of that deformality? Think Complete Offroad would do anything for me?

I bought my 44 gear, carrier, and EZ-locker from Mike at Complete. I had good service and he is pretty knowledgeable about his products. I know he probably could have and would helped you before you ground and welded the parts. but since they were modified I don't know what could be done.

May I ask why you didn't just go with a locker?

If you went thru all the trouble to pull axles you should have just grabbed a spool off eBay. I think I paid $75 for a steel alloy 9 inch spool.

Back