Picked this up today.

blueoval98

1970 Buick Skylark,71,000 actual miles

ai32.photobucket.com_albums_d17_98blueoval_70_20Skylark_100_0611.jpg

ai32.photobucket.com_albums_d17_98blueoval_70_20Skylark_100_0612.jpg

ai32.photobucket.com_albums_d17_98blueoval_70_20Skylark_100_0613.jpg

ai32.photobucket.com_albums_d17_98blueoval_70_20Skylark_100_0617.jpg

I LOVE IT!!!!!!! now is it a true GS or a clone?
I'm almost done with my '72. Glad to see a fellow Buick owner out there :)

I almost bought an identical GS 455 when I was 15.....ended up buying a '70 MC SS 454.

Nice car!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!! now is it a true GS or a clone?
I'm almost done with my '72. Glad to see a fellow Buick owner out there :)
unfortunately its not a true GS..but a very nice low mileage car..runs and drives like new..has the 350 in it..previous owner bought it from a old lady,out of her garage covered with afgans at 49,000 miles..currently has 71,000 and he had around $14,000 invested in it.

2 barrel or 4 barrel? i've got a '72 pontiac lemans 2dr ht myself, and just LOVE GM A-body's, the lemans is my third had a '68 chevelle 2dr, and a '72 cutlass 4dr
thats real clean and at 71k! what a great find!!

unfortunately its not a true GS..but a very nice low mileage car..runs and drives like new..has the 350 in it..previous owner bought it from a old lady,out of her garage covered with afgans at 49,000 miles..currently has 71,000 and he had around $14,000 invested in it.

I hope to own a muscle car again someday. My first car was a 2 door '70 Chevelle Malibu. It "only" had a 350, but with the 4bbl and 4 on the floor it was plenty strong :driver:

that's nice....mines got 64K on the odometer, although i'm pretty sure it's rolled around once.Still runs great and strong. currently it's just got a 2bbl, but i've got a 4bbl intake and carb ready to go on....although even with the 2bbl it will light up the tires a lot more than 'rices LeMans:flipoff2:

do you have power brakes? I can see that it's drums all around(unless it's already been changed and the brake pedal left the same) If you plan on driving it a bit, the disc brake swap would be something to consider, it is TOTALLY worth it. Changed mine over from manual drums to power disc up front and its a huge difference.

ai182.photobucket.com_albums_x267_bjharding_2007_skylark.jpg

this was it before the brakes and new wheels(can't fit the discs behind 14" wheels) if you've got any questions or need any help with it in the future let me know, i know quite a bit about the buick A-body. Kinda my first car and i got a little obsessed with it :)

I used to have a real nice 68 GS California all Stock with 85k 350 2 barrel and a Power glide trans
I wish I had not sold it. but I wanted a car i could hot rod. and it was too nice to mess up

the car has the 350,2bbl..and surprisingly has good power for what it is..runs real smooth and sounds great with the flowmasters on it...took a few more pictures of the car today.they are all on the link below,and here is a shot of under the hood.

cool, very clean. Of course a Buick is gonna have power steering, my Chevelle didnt, what a beast. No AC, and no power brakes I see.

cool, very clean. Of course a Buick is gonna have power steering, my Chevelle didnt, what a beast. No AC, and no power brakes I see.
no power brakes.and for what reason im not sure,the previous owner took the AC off..even went to the trouble of installing a new cover that goes on the firewall for a non AC car

well if you're interested in it, i believe i have a spare firewall box for an a/c car, as well as compressor and some hoses lying in a box somewhere under the house. I'm about to re-do the AC system i have as well as all the vacuum lines so all the controls work and whatnot. If you do decide to add the ac back, please stick with r12, do not go to r134a....its just not right.
So how do you like them brakes? I had no problem with mine, but after some stop and go traffic my legs were getting warn out and that's when the decision came to add the disc. also was the fact that the drum fade was so bad it never let the wheels lock up. drum fade it a bitch but you can dd a manual drum car no problem if you just don't forget that's what you're driving

AH Damn. My brother has a 71 sittin in the garage right now. with a 455 layin next to it. He's over in Iraq right now. But i kinda want to get it running again. Do you guys know of any websites i can check out about these cars. He loves that thing, but doesnt have anytime to work on it, not at least for another year though. Thought i'd surpise him when he gets back.

well i got rid of the buick.....since then i have actually picked up 3 more toys...First off is a 98 Chevy CrewCab 4X4 Dually,auto,vortec 454....
ai32.photobucket.com_albums_d17_98blueoval_98_20Chevy_20Dually_100_0684.jpg

ai32.photobucket.com_albums_d17_98blueoval_98_20Chevy_20Dually_100_0682.jpg

and last is a project someone else started and i hope to find the time to finish it...It started life a Kawasaki 300 Lacota 4 wheeler.It now has a 2002 Suzuki GSXR 750 Fuel inj'd motor mounted on it:wheel:
ai32.photobucket.com_albums_d17_98blueoval_4_20wheeler_100_0685.jpg

ai32.photobucket.com_albums_d17_98blueoval_4_20wheeler_100_0687.jpg

dont anything long to you

i have a 98 mustang i bought new a 90 thunderbird supercoupe i have had a bout 3 yrs now and of course my new Harley..Probably have the stang and harley for years to come,but i do buy/sell/trade alot.

Back