performance off road center

So just return the refund money... You can do that, you know. Obviously the price was good enough that you wanted it anyway.

I've ordered a few things from them, and everything has come quickly and as-ordered.

P.S. If you bought it off their website, it's $308.99.. a whopping $3 more than ebay.

You could be mean and just keep it.... it was shipped to you so it's yours... and if they file a claim with paypal, paypal wont do anything about it b/c the transaction was cancled/refunded, etc....

SO if you want it and want to be nice just PayPal them back how much they sent you minus the fee.... or be bad and just keep it... just remember what goes around comes around...

PORC was banned as a vendor on another forum where I'm a moderator...

good prices...service seems to be either really good or really bad, nothing in between...but just shady business practices and wouldn't play by the rules...

I'll never spend a nickel with Alex (or is it Alec) again...

Greg

Sounds like you paid $24 for a locker to me. You sent them money, they sent you a locker and some money back. If they don't want to take the money back from you, then don't bother giving it.

I recently bought some Powerstop brake rotors for my D60 on Ebay (not PORC). The company sent the wrong rotors, which arrived a week or more later than they SHOULD have. Well, a month and a half later, I got the correct rotors, which SHIPPED AFTER they had refunded my money ($68). They also sent a call tag for the incorrect rotors to be sent back. I gave them to my buddy that works at UPS and he dropped them off for me. As for me, I still have two free brake rotors sitting in my basement. I waited almost two months for them, (yes, they were Buy it Now), and they were sent after my money was refunded, so that is THEIR problem, not mine. I haven't gotten an e-mail saying they want the money or rotors either.

One word for all of ya:

Karma.

One word for all of ya:
Karma.

Yep.
I live by the Do unto other rule.

I mena deep down something is either right or its wrong. I always choose the same option ;)

I put in a set of gears a few weeks ago that the guy brought with him. The gears were from PORC and I am here to tell you I will never as long as I live buy a thing from them. I feel bad for putting in such a low quality set of gears.

I guess this might be Karma:

I went downstairs today, took both brake rotors out of the boxes, and noticed that he sent me two RIGHT SIDE rotors. The only thing that makes them right side only is the slots, so I figure I will go ahead and run it as-is on the left side as well. Shouldn't affect it much, and seeing as I never get too fast with it I don't think it will ever matter.

Now I REALLY don't feel bad about not paying for them...

I ordered a btf stretch kit for my tj from PORC, it took forever to get here, (I know Blue Torch takes forever to get stuff out)
but every week I would call to check the status, and every week I got "they are finishing the welds and it should ship out in about 2 days. Well after the the third week of "finishing up the welds" I told them I didn't want to here that again. They then promised it to me on some thursday, after it didn't show up the friday after that I called and they overnighted it to me on saturday. They said it was all BTF fault. Either way they were very polite over the phone, it just seemed like they were BS me ever time I called.

One of my best friends lives in the same town and went there personally to buy some parts... they gave him half the order and told him to come back the next day cause the truck hadnt come in yet... 3 weeks later with no calls/return calls, nothing... he walks in in uniform and then only do they hand over his stuff like if it was his fault.

As for some of thier prices... you do get what you pay for.

i had a bad experience with them as well:

my ex gf was in grad school at georgia tech. her roomate wanted to lift her tj a little, so i agreed to throw a budget boost on it if my gf drove it up when she came to visit over a weekend.

i knew porc was somewhat on the way from atlanta to raleigh and they had a really good price. so i called to see if they had a kit in stock for her to pick up on the way. they said they had a kit in stock, and would go ahead and pull it and have it ready for her to pick up.

she gets there, and it's not pulled. after messing around in the back for a while, the guy comes back and informs her they only have 3 spacers in stock. so she leaves, and starts heading to raleigh anyway. they call me 30 mintues later, and they have found a 4th spacer. so, she turns around and goes back.

she gets here with the kit, and it's not even a genuine RE kit! it's their own house brand knock off. not a big deal, if they had told me that's all they had i would have said fine. i asked for an RE kit though. there were also missing bushings for the shocks and the few they did send were wrong. luckily i had some around my shop that worked.

i sent them a pm on pirate expressing my displeasure with the service, and didn't even get a decent apology. much less any effort to make things right. just exscuses.

sounds like he needs a swift kick in his azz.

yeah, something. fwiw, my experience was about 2 years ago. doesn't sound like things have changed much.

Back