Pathfinder transmission removal help!

independent361

Ok, i am removing my transmission in mu 1990 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4. It is an automatic transmission. I removed all the linkages, the hose connecting to teh cooler, and the speedometor assembly in the tranny. Now i am stuck. Do i have to remove the exhaust? What do i do next? I have worked on transmissions before, but never have actually removed them. Please help

if u look were the starter bolts up there should be a cover of some sort covering the fly wheel. one u take that cover off you should see them. you will have to rotate the motor over by hand to get to all of them. if you can find a haynes manual at a parts store it will help u alot

you have worked on transmissions before but don't know where the converter bolts are located? You can acsess them thru the dust cover on the drivers side right behind the oil pan. I use a big pry bar to push the flywheel to rotate it

You have to remove the exhaust on pathfinders, I usually remove the Tcase while still in the vehicle, otherwise it won't clear the torsion bar crossmember.

on the pathfinder you need to take the starter off and the there are 2 bolts that hold the starter housing to the block,remove them and the bracket and you can get to the 4 bolts using a 14mm.pm me if you have any more ? because I pulled my auto out to put a 5 speed in just last week so every thing is still fresh in my head.

Back