Panhard Parts & Kits from Ruffstuff!

Dan Fredrickson

We make 4 different Panhard / Trackbar brackets and I get alot of questions as to why not just one?

Here is the simple answer. You are either replacing a weak factory bracket that has broken and need something stronger and more versatile or you are swapping a new axle into your rig and need something that works better or is more adaptable!

awww.ruffstuffspecialties.com_catalog_graphics_00000001_R1353_full.jpg

We make 2 for the axle end and 2 for the frame end. We have the Axle Offset Bracket because 70-80% of the time you need the additional room on the axle. Next we have the Axle Centered Bracket for those of you that can work with one, both have 3 height adjustment positions. Then there is the Outside Bracket for those of you going full width and also the Inside bracket for the relatively stock width axle. The Frame brackets both have 3 mounting positions as well so matching up is easy.

Remember, Selection is always the key! We have been making these for 10 years but I don't think I ever posted these here...No time like the present!

We also make the complete kit with the DOM to keep the cost down for you! Panhard Kit / TrackBar

awww.ruffstuffspecialties.com_catalog_graphics_00000001_R1148_full.jpg

awww.ruffstuffspecialties.com_catalog_graphics_00000001_R1099_full.jpg

Attachments

• awww.ruffstuffspecialties.com_gallery_albums_userpics_10001_Panhard_20section_20pic.jpg
    awww.ruffstuffspecialties.com_gallery_albums_userpics_10001_Panhard_20section_20pic.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 146
  • awww.ruffstuffspecialties.com_catalog_graphics_00000001_panhard_20kit.jpg
    awww.ruffstuffspecialties.com_catalog_graphics_00000001_panhard_20kit.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Avoid steering bind! If your front end lifts when you turn your steering is binding, you need to correct the panhard angle/lenght or both. Many suspension kits made have bind, it seems like the steering was an afterthought...

I should mention that some of you are running a panhard with leaf springs. It seems to have started with Toyotas but I see it spreading.
First off they are diametrically opposed in what they do and using both will cause undue wear & stress on both and eventually break one or both.
Secondly, the reason you are doing it is to track better on the road but if you go offroad you take it off. At least you are doing it right offroad. If you are not tracking well fix the issue, don't add something that will only destroy something else.
The issue could be one of several things. You could simply have worn out bushings in your springs. You could have sloppy springs. This could be as easy as no clamps, broken center pin, simply worn from rubbing against each other, or maybe your tires are simply too big for your suspension to handle on the road(too much balloon).
First fix the issue, these are for link suspensions, not a bad spring setup.

A simple way to tell if you have binding issues with your Panhard is:

When your rig is sitting there, not moving, and you turn the wheel and the drivers side lifts 1/2" to 2" you are binding on the panhard.

Your panhard needs to be the right length and the right angle. If it isn't it will bind and either the bracket/joint/bar will break. Do it right the first time...

Back