other Scrambler owners???

Just did a search and only came up with 25 posts with "Scrambler" in them... are there really that few Scrambler owners around here?

CJ-8 folks post up...

I've got an 84 right-hand drive Alaskan Postal Scrambler on Waggy axles, outboarded RE 4.5" kit, 33s, winch, etc...
yo! i live in raleigh, have an '81 scrambler 'project', and just registered on this site.

Love them Scramblers. Did someone on here get one from Bigwheel a while last month? It was Blue with the from cover with POR 15.

Where in WV? I lived on the border of OH and WV right on I-77

I just noticed this is an old thread. must have been wheeling when this one circulated.

yo! i live in raleigh, have an '81 scrambler 'project', and just registered on this site.

Got any photos or other details to post?

There's also www.cj-8.com that has tons of great folks and info on the forums.

Great to see more local Scramblers, post up more info! :beer:

Where in WV? I lived on the border of OH and WV right on I-77

Where exactly? I have family in Parkersburg on the WV side and Little Hocking on the Ohio side right there... Nice country through there. I love driving up there in the fall through the mountains.

I lived close to Belpre across the river from P-burg. Have family in P-burg too. My aunt lives a block from the Ohio river on the ohio side. It is nice there but I don't like the cold. Not after living in Hawaii. The cold here is killing me too. Haven't been home in 4 years.

82 SCRAMBLER

bigwalton,
Followed your story from Ak way back. Haven't been very active lately with 2 kids. Here is a pic.
dougsmith.JPG

Too funny, my aunt in Little Hocking just on down the river from Belpre is right on the river too. My grandfather used to take me to Belpre when he was buying his weekly lottery ticket :D

Love sitting on my aunt's porch watching the barges and occasional sternwheeler go by...

Geez, how did I miss this thread. I'm a new owner of a project Scrambler. I'm sure going to hate to sell it when it's done. I don't have any pics, but I'll post some when it's done.
It's funny, I've always wanted a scrambler. I've drooled over many in my time. I was barely allowed to buy this one (apparently the wife does run the show) but only if I sold it when I was done "fixing it up". Oh well, at least I own one now. Maybe I'll be allowed to keep the next one.

bigwalton,
Followed your story from Ak way back. Haven't been very active lately with 2 kids. Here is a pic.
dougsmith.JPG

Sweet. I'm a bald Scrambler guy too. Just shaved it this morning in fact...

Nice looking Scrambler, what are the specs on it? How long have you had it?

Geez, how did I miss this thread. I'm a new owner of a project Scrambler. I'm sure going to hate to sell it when it's done. I don't have any pics, but I'll post some when it's done.
It's funny, I've always wanted a scrambler. I've drooled over many in my time. I was barely allowed to buy this one (apparently the wife does run the show) but only if I sold it when I was done "fixing it up". Oh well, at least I own one now. Maybe I'll be allowed to keep the next one.

Don't wait til it's done, start a build up thread and let us watch what's happening!

Where'd you come by this project? What's it like and what are you planning to do?

We need details (and pics)! ;)

Don't wait til it's done, start a build up thread and let us watch what's happening!
Where'd you come by this project? What's it like and what are you planning to do?
We need details (and pics)! ;)
If I had any pics of it, you'd be able to recognize it and know who owned it last. It was for sale on cj-8.com. We can't have that info available when I resell it now, could I?;)
Besides, the list of things I'm having to do to it is way too long as it wasn't in near as good of shape as the seller was eluding to. It'll be a nice 8 when finished. It should help feed the dwindling TJ fund.

Had 3 at one time. sold one in florida, second one for parts(thats all it was really worth) and still have an 82 that has had a body off . I think I have bought parts from you. I'm in Greenville NC.

Kinda Funny I just bought a Jeep not too long ago and didn't realize it was a scrambler until yesturday when I saw this thread and realized my jeep looked just like these, thought it was just a cj7 . . . :shaking:

Doin a drivetrain Swap right now so the body/cage is off, might can snap some pics and post em up before the week ends, we'll see.

Kinda Funny I just bought a Jeep not too long ago and didn't realize it was a scrambler until yesturday when I saw this thread and realized my jeep looked just like these, thought it was just a cj7 . . . :shaking:
Doin a drivetrain Swap right now so the body/cage is off, might can snap some pics and post em up before the week ends, we'll see.

:shaking: thats funny

BIGWALTON,

It is a 82,304,NP435,locked F/R,33x15.5x15xTSL SX's and all the other stuff!!

I know all about them big boats on the river too. If you went to belpre my grandma was the head librarian until she retired 10 years ago. Grandpa was a farmer on 339 less than 2 miles from the river.

Yea well I have an excuse, the previous, previous owner had dovetailed it, then the previous owner didn't like it so he cut off the dovetailed part and welded on a back half from another tub, so now it isnt quite as long as a normal scrambler but still looks odly longer than a normal cj7 :lol:

Oh yeah, I need pics of this thing.... sure it isn't a stretched -7? I guess the frame is all original Scrambler?

Oh yeah, I need pics of this thing.... sure it isn't a stretched -7? I guess the frame is all original Scrambler?

Well the frame is also custom, they just made mounts for the scrambler body, pretty sure it is a scrambler tub, the previous owner says it is and it's got a roll bar just like the ones you guys have, I mean at this point its hard to tell for sure but I'm pretty sure its a scrambler, still havn't gotten the tub back on yet thou, finished all the drivetrain swap probably will put the body back on teus or so, see if I can't get some pics after that.

Back