other Scrambler owners???

bigwalton

Just did a search and only came up with 25 posts with "Scrambler" in them... are there really that few Scrambler owners around here?

CJ-8 folks post up...

I've got an 84 right-hand drive Alaskan Postal Scrambler on Waggy axles, outboarded RE 4.5" kit, 33s, winch, etc...

for sale?

at least post a picture of it....Thnx!

Uh, didn't say anything about it being for sale... it'll be willed to whichever kid treats me the best when I'm old and gray. ;)

Here's the only pic that's close to what it currently looks like, it's still missing the rear flares here and hadn't painted the rocker knockers and corners (still have the UPS labels on them).

No cracks on the weak flex. This was the first test of my outbouarding brackets (I didn't want SRS) and new axles. I had to rework the rear axles shock mounts, they were bottomed out here... oh, and all I had was my crappy camera phone.

first flex 2.jpg

here it was before the Waggy axles and bumpers/winch. This has the world cab hard top that came on it (note the square cornered doors).

PDRM0957%2EJPG

This is what it looked like when I bought it in AK (not running for $650) before fixing it up in 10 days and driving it back with my brother in 11 more :D

awww.kateanderic.com_jeep_ejthumbsup2.JPG

That better? ;)

that scrambler is awesome, i was just in alaska and was drooling over all the trucks up there. if gas wasn't so expensive i'd love to go up there and get at least one jeep/truck

Thanks! these are a little tough to come by, there were only 230 built for the USPS in 84. Funny thing is that they go CHEAP up there... just not much of a market for them.

The thing I noticed about AK was that there are Subarus EVERYWHERE!!! It was INSANE! Most looked to be ready to fall apart at any second...

Scarmbler project

Hey , Eric , its ken over in Chapel Hill ( I got some power steering stuff from you awhile back for my wife's CJ5 ) I picked up an 81 Scrambler project about a month ago from another member . It has a long way to go to be on the road but it will get there .

Yeah, I remember... PM me a phone number or email and we can get together sometime to look at what you have, I always like to see other Scramblers.

I work off of E Franklin, you around during the day or work out that way?

So that makes two Scrambler owners here.... any more????

Now I see why you put the full lenght protection on the rear of the tub above the wheelwell. Did you fix it or just cut and cover. Sweet Jeep. I like the way it looks in the original form too. dont really like the DJ5 postals bur yours looks awesome

i picked up an 83 about a month ago. its in pretty bad shape so it will be a little while before its on the road or trail but its coming along good.

jeepercreature said:
Now I see why you put the full lenght protection on the rear of the tub above the wheelwell. Did you fix it or just cut and cover. Sweet Jeep. I like the way it looks in the original form too. dont really like the DJ5 postals bur yours looks awesome

Thanks.

I haven't gotten the wheelwells fixed like I should. I OSPHOed the hell out of the area and painted it white. My intention is to find a MIG welder and get practicing on sheet metal, then pull the armor off and have a go at them.

rubiwhat said:
i picked up an 83 about a month ago. its in pretty bad shape so it will be a little while before its on the road or trail but its coming along good.

Got pics?

Man, awesome scrambler. I have spent more time than I would like to admit looking at Jeep stuff on the net over the past 10 years and I had never seen a postal scrambler before. Looks like you are doing an awesome job with it. Do you drive it much? My parents live in Durham and I dont think I have ever seen it around.

CJ2YJ2TJ said:
Man, awesome scrambler.
Thanks!
CJ2YJ2TJ said:
I have spent more time than I would like to admit looking at Jeep stuff on the net over the past 10 years and I had never seen a postal scrambler before.
That is a big part of what drew me to it and made me nuts enough to do what I did to get it... it's REALLY tough to have anything Jeep-related that someone will say that about very often. I get to hear it a lot with this :huggy:
CJ2YJ2TJ said:
Do you drive it much? My parents live in Durham and I dont think I have ever seen it around.
Depends on what you mean by "much"...
I might, actually, finally, cautiously say that it's in good enough shape to be a DD :eek: but I don't put doors or a full top on it during the summer and I haven't gotten the rust under control to where I want to drive it in the rain often.
I will drive it in on any nice day without much chance of rain and then on the weekends. (Drove it today :D) My other problem is that there's always an off chance that I will have to get my little girl from daycare if my wife couldn't do it for some reason... rather than have to have a top on it all the time to be ready for that issue, I'd rather just drive something else on questionable days. (Not like it's hard when "something else" is a Rubicon LJ :D)

I just realized that these aren't in my sig on this board:

My Postal Scrambler site (somewhat out of date)

The Rockcrawler.com story of when I drove it home click the dots on the map in the upper left to see pics/trail reports from the trip

Lurking

New to site

I have an 82 CJ-8 Scrambler that is undergoing major refit to frame/Body.

Currently living in Miami but have 88 acres in WV. The barn is built, the trails are being groomed ( and by that I mean that I am currently trying to mess them up as they are too easy). One more year......

Does not seem to be any groups in WV so I am just lurking around other sites

Hey, nice to see you over here too...

Let me know when we can come hit those trails of yours :D

it's a surprise

but I might offer to try to tie something in with the SOA 2007.

It's almost on the way for some of you

I will be back up there the first two weeks in Sept ( first I have to go to MA to visit MOM) When I get back I will post some pics of some of the trails on the property.

Just did a search and only came up with 25 posts with "Scrambler" in them... are there really that few Scrambler owners around here?

CJ-8 folks post up...

I've got an 84 right-hand drive Alaskan Postal Scrambler on Waggy axles, outboarded RE 4.5" kit, 33s, winch, etc...

Don't know if you've seen this yet, but here's a link to a Scrambler site and it's forum.

I know this aint the right place to post, but I do have scrambler project here i paid 2500.00 for, that i will never get around to doing. If someone would like to have it call me at 910-326-2881, Bob.

bump with new pics, just put on 35s

attachment.php

attachment.php

We need pics of other Scramblers on here...

Back