ORO Lite Dots

ricesyj

Just put some Lite Dots onto my 95 YJ and they work except for the turn signal stays solid. The ORO website says I need a 3 terminal flasher not a the 2 terminal flasher that is installed. Where do I get one of these and has anybody installed one before?

Thanks, Troy

You can get them at any auto parts store and they have a wiring diagram on them to show you how to wire them up.

WTF is a "lite dot"?
EDIT: HOLY SHIT! $200 for 2 LED taillights that still stick out to be smashed? :lol:

Anyway, I can't see you needing a 3 terminal flasher if you have a 2-terminal now.. BUT, what you probably need is an electronic flasher, that doesn't rely on current draw to create the on-off-on-off...

Also sold at any auto parts store.

Most of the auto parts stores will have a electronic flasher. We have to run one on the semi trucks at work because the LED lights do not pull enough amps to make a 2 terminal mechanical flashed cut on and off. The 3 wire unit should have a plug that goes in the same place as your regular flasher and the third wire just hooks to ground.

Sam(slim)

Yea 200 is alot, I paid 45 for mine (Agri Supply). Then 10 for the side markers and 40 for high powered reverse + wires, fuse, holesaws. I had to modify the blinker circuit board, cut holes for the brake lights and side markers, add a new relay for the reverse and wire it all up.

If one isn't so far into the game that they are cutting sheetmetal or aren't that good at running wires and messing with relays I'd say its not a bad mod. but yea, they still need a cage to protect them.

IMO bolt-on vs. built (or assembled) is all about convienience as long as the functionality is similar. Needless to say I build it when I have time and ability :)

I got the the 3 terminal flasher hooked it up and don't get anything. If I leave the 2 new leads going into the fuse block and connect them to the 2 terminal flasher I get a solid turn signal so I know that my wires are good. I have hooked the ground to all kinds of bolts and nothing. I checked the fuse and it was blown changed it and still nothing. The brake lights work good. Checked all of the other fuses under the dash and they are fine. Is there something else that I need to look at. Bought a new flasher today and still nothing.

The electronic flasher has its on timer built in.

Sam(slim)

Back