ORI STX Struts

Pringle Fab

ORI Pusher
Pringle Fab is a complete supplier for ORI Struts!

This was posted in my giveaway thread, but wanted to make sure other people got to see it as well.

First, a sampling of the colors ORI can produce

ai6.photobucket.com_albums_y250_iispms_4ae4599e.jpg

Here are some colors before the final machining is finished. They will have the pretty stripes like the black ones do.

And the information you clicked on to see......

The new valving we have been talking about (AKA KOH Valving) is now a standard product and called the STX. This is the latest and greatest from ORI and they are no longer making the ST. There is an upgrade for you guys that have the STs and wanting the valving for "go-fast" applications. If you are just doing some slow rock crawling, this will not be a big bang for the buck addition but it can help. However, if you are like me and crazy enough to try KOH, you need it.

However, they did com out with something for the slow rock crawlers.

ai6.photobucket.com_albums_y250_iispms_b64e4beb.jpg

ai6.photobucket.com_albums_y250_iispms_DSC09288.jpg

ai6.photobucket.com_albums_y250_iispms_DSC09292.jpg

Note: The hose that attaches between the two reservoirs is not installed in these pictures.

This is a BRAND new edition to ORI. This is a remote reservoir option for the STX and ST model. These reservoirs add more nitrogen into the system and allow a more linear spring rate change as the struts compress. If you have very little nitrogen (as you would with a lower ride height) the spring rate increases dramatically and creates a stiffer ride. There is a lot more envolved with this but I don't want to start a fluids dynamics class on the internet! This option allows for more nitrogen and a better spring rate.

These are to be used in applications where small up-travel (2-4") is used. It allows more nitrogen to be put in the system and keep more oil in the strut. Basically, it gives more volume of oil and nitrogen with the same travel.

These can be added to existing struts with no modification. They attach by removing the upper schrader valve and attach the hose that connects between the two. If you have talked to me on the phone, I have told you all about the two different setups I run on my personal rig. One with little up-travel (3-4") for trail riding and one for racing (about 6-7") on the 14" that I had. I am changing to 16" STX with the remote reservior for KOH. I hear a lot of people say don't use ORI in go-fast but I believe in this product and what Mark does/is doing to fix this, so I am going for it. I will have them on all 4 corners this year.

I applaud Mark and the people at ORI for the continued development of these already awesome struts. Pricing on these will be available SOON as well. I have a set of Orange ones coming in a week or two and I will get more pictures.

You can reply here or in the giveaway thread for pricing/availability on the STX.

Also, you can call/text/email me as well and sometimes get a faster answer because I not by the computer very much.

Chip MacLaughlin
Pringle Fab
832-813-9055
chip@pringlefab.com

Good info on the ORIs... I have the 'old' ones and am still building my junk to hit the trails and light DD use... But good to know there is options if needed.

Since your a dealer you might know, or maybe you could ask ORI but what reaction happens when the shock fluid transfers into that remote res, or potentially fills it up?

that is a great question. The answer is that there is a sipon tube in the reservoir that goes to the bottom of the can. When the strut extends, it sucks the oil back into the shock.

I have a set of Blue STX 16" Struts in stock ready to go with 1/2" misalignment spacers for $2,200 plus the ride. They were used for one ride and mockup on the Hulk Buggy. I am changing them to 18".

Also, I have a set of Yellow 12" brand new that I can replace. They are going on the Mod Class KOH rig after the race.

Back