Orbit Eye Springs

Theres an article in last months issue of one of the magazines using them on a yota. They said they're great. I was thinking of trying em on my YJ. The pretty much look like an RE Johnny Joint set up for a leaf spring.

They are neat-o, and not a bad idea (though I have *heard* that sidehilling with them installed sucks)..

BUT.. For a trail rig, I just count bushings as a yearly consumable...

As for added flex, how much do you really need? I've NEVER wanted for more, and my springs are pretty short.

I have some poly flex joints (kinda like a JJ, but with the ball inside a bushing) that I made shackle mounts out of. Fun project, little bit more flex, and I probably won't have to change the leaf eye bushings for a long long time.

good idea/small company

my buddy tried ordering a set and since it is such a small company that makes them and the demand is so high that are about a year behind right now... so he decided against them... but obviously alot of people want these things...

thats cool that some one finally made something like that that actually worked (thinking about those spring plates that pivoted). maybe once my money tree starts budding again i will order some

Ive got a set on my truck. Ive had them about a year and a half. It took me about 6 months to get them back then. The main reason for that is they have alcon make the springs for them, then AOR installs the orbit eyes. They flex great. The only thing is, they have a massive amount of up travel so I feel my truck sits too tall. If anyone is planning on ordering some, I will go ahead and warn them they hardly ever answer the phone and they will not call you back if you are checking on an order.

Blacktoy said:
Ive got a set on my truck. Ive had them about a year and a half. It took me about 6 months to get them back then. The main reason for that is they have alcon make the springs for them, then AOR installs the orbit eyes. They flex great.

How do they behave on steep side hills? I had heard that they tend to let the axle move to the side a noticable amount... Are yours only at the fixed end, or at both ends of the spring?

I don't think all the benefit is in the flex, but more to keep the springs from binding and twisting. I've never had that problem with the leaf sprung rigs I had, but never really flexed em out till I went coils. I figured it was good preventative for a common problem.

Rich said:
How do they behave on steep side hills? I had heard that they tend to let the axle move to the side a noticable amount... Are yours only at the fixed end, or at both ends of the spring?

I dont think they act any different than reg poly eyes on side hills. I have them on both ends of the springs and I have not noticed the axle moving side to side at all.I have all-pro springs in the rear, so that may be why it behaves normally on sidehills.

I think the 4x4 industry as a whole is gaining popularity quick and backorders are one of the downsides to this. One of the upsides is more companies and more parts available.

Back