Opinions...

Short Bus

I do not know if you would be interested in it or not, but there is a cabinet shop here in town (Concord NC) that has one with a 14' box on it with a bad motor. It is a 1995 GMC, I am not sure if it is 4L80-E or T400, 350 (they say it needs a rebuild?), yellow in color. They are asking $1000, but I am sure it can be bought way less than that. If you have not ever had the experience of swapping a motor in a van, it is something everyone should experience once!!!
-I have parted a few of these and the ones I have seen had Dana 70's in the rear.

BBB:beer:

Your Jeep in the wind ain't gonna be holding you back a bit, it'll be that flat-faced bus front end pushing all of the air!
Just forget about the mileage and relish the fact of a CHEAP A$$ tow rig!

EXACTLY my thought... I find it humorous to read about "What kinda milage can I get from my towrig. 12 or 15 mpg????

When it comes down to a trip to themountains, you'll be talking about adding an extra $10 to you $300+ trip. :rolleyes:

We don't get into this sport to get good mileage do we?

That's a cheap tow rig. In this scenario, Think of the THOUSANDS saved over a new $35K rig, or even a used $10K

Back