Operation shop rehab

Man, so much confusion. I'm with @ghost.

I don't understand this at all. what say do they have anyway?
$$$$. Her assets can cover her bill, until she has nothing, then .gov steps in.

I guess I'm naive. Isn't that what we pay our whole life for. Medicare to pay for our old ass....
Yeah, but you have to give away all your $ and stuff 5 years before you expect to be in a home, otherwise uncle Sam wants it for himself.

Medicaid and Medicare.....which ever. But basically if before x date assets are not liquidated they go after every last thing you own before paying long term health.

Edit. I commented before I saw the above. To elaborate I watched my Dad's Father dwindle in a retirement facility for over 15 years. Dementia. The greedy siblings just waiting to cash out Grandpa's money. He invested didn't do jack and they knew it. He was also so stubborn no planning was made to allocate the hard earned currency and or tangible properties. In the end the greedy kids sold the family house at auction just to cover expenses. Much to my amusement.

I'm currently facing a hugely potential problem with my in-laws for the same reasons. Stubborn, Greed, and lack of planning. I don't want money or what ever the point of view, but my wife was convinced long ago she would own her grandmothers homeplace. That set a precedent in her head she would never buy or save toward a home of her own. That is a huge mistake and incredibly damaging IMO to the development of independence from your family. But that is a whole other line of thought.

They will get every cent of value from an estate if not handled prompt and proper. As stated a time frame exist almost like pre existing conditions to health insurance. Again they will freeze or seize all assets weather your supposed to inherit or not. DO NOT BANK on grand daddy or mom and dads savings slash "what you got coming" like some idiot greedy family I have. Back fired outstandingly well or catastrophic which ever frame of mind you want.

Last edited:
Medicade/Medicare won't step in until they believe you have less than 2000 dollars to your name. Even if you don't have anything of value and they still think you do (most of these cars listed) the family is paying out of pocket.

The man owns nothing except vehicles he has scrapped and never turned the titles in.

Update, vehicles are leaving. Pless picked up the grand Cherokee with the "blown motor" and got it running the next afternoon. Did some trading on thr f150 and full size ranger to get the scrap hauled and mini x work I needed done finished up. Mustang is looking like it's sold. Should be cleaning the inside of the shop up this weekend. And then dragging the camper out this weekend

Inside is cleaned out beside the camper and the stuff we keeping still need to pressure wash the whole inside and get thr 30 years of nasty out of here

Attachments

• 20220626_125826.jpg
    20220626_125826.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 162
  • 20220626_125830.jpg
    20220626_125830.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 20220626_125832.jpg
    20220626_125832.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 157
Don't think we didn't think about just taking it to an on ramp and dumping it
The hell you think this is? Portland?
1656347186616.png

Anybody wanna make wagers on how fast it fills up?

Good job on the massive clean out. Good usable space. Hope it does not go like mine. Thought to myself: "I got my dream and want need anymore room period"......took six months to prove that false.

Anybody wanna make wagers on how fast it fills up?

Good job on the massive clean out. Good usable space. Hope it does not go like mine. Thought to myself: "I got my dream and want need anymore room period"......took six months to prove that false.
I mean I'm selling the Nissan so I can move my tundra in there and we are looking at another tractor that has a loader....plus my tractor that's still at my buddies. Good thing it has a 10 ft wide pad on the back I'm gonna put a lean-to on it to park some stuff under.

Back