Opening weekend conditions

Decomp

Your atv ally
You guys have done a great job on the trails over the winter. While cruising around Friday afternoon, I met a track loader. He was making some things happen with that bucket. By far, I think the trails are the best shape I've seen them in. Just wondering if it will be out there often or was it a one time thing.

Not excited to see the mud hole filled in, but at least there were no beer cans down on the corner.

The wooden guard rail looks great compared to the steel highway rail. Saw the RIP marker at the top of daniel. The beer cans tied around it really set it off.

Kudos to all the volunteers for whipping that place in shape.

No one died on Daniel, it is for a local guy who died to soon in life and he and his brother spent alot of time up there.

Who died on Daniel and how? Sorry for the derail.....

No one, but from what I gathered through facespace drama, a local kid killed himself and that was his favorite spot, so his friends installed a memorial there (which is retarded). The memorial was called out on some 4x4 group on Facebook and the dead kid's friends really let the guy have it. I hope someone removed it...

Last edited:
I love the White House in Washington DC. When I die, will one of you guys erect a memorial on top of it for me? </thread derail>

FYI some of those "dead kids" friends are members of this forum! I would say try to be respectful!
I didn't see any disrespect? I think if you truly love a place you would want it like it was and not trashed up with a fancy beer can memorial. just my $0.02

Looks like a hole has been bored in the rock.

Other than that, I enjoyed watching a dude yell at his kids, with beer in hand, for not gassing it enough and not turning the right way around a few rocks on Dicky hillclimb (you know who you are).

FYI some of those "dead kids" friends are members of this forum! I would say try to be respectful!

No disrespect intended. If the kid's friends are on this forum, they should have some idea of the principles behind Tread Lightly, and know better than defacing public lands with a 'beer can memorial'.

I didn't see any disrespect? I think if you truly love a place you would want it like it was and not trashed up with a fancy beer can memorial. just my $0.02

Maybe not, but I was trying to be a little hypersensitive to the friends and family. I don't think they would appreciate their loved one being called the "dead kid" or their memorial for him being called "retarded " we may not agree, and that's ok I just think the family has been through enough and we should be the last people to be disrespectful.

No disrespect intended. If the kid's friends are on this forum, they should have some idea of the principles behind Tread Lightly, and know better than defacing public lands with a 'beer can memorial'.

Agree, but to be fair it is a cross made from two axles stuck in a rock. The beer cans were poor judgment, but hell we all have that from time to time. I think people smashing their diff into the rocks again and again is probably more destructive! Just saying.

so, how bout them trails? any other reports?

that's fine, ill just hit it really fast. haha

I hear there really bad need 40's to do danial now @X-jeeper
No we paved it....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428438848.577494.jpg

Not even close to that this year, back to being fairly decent again.

Back