Newest TowRig project..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRUISER

silent.. but deadly
Since the cat is out of the bag :)

Well after hrs and hrs of reading, talking on the phone with people, etc..

I am getting this..

1983 MCI MC-9 and yes it has been already converted to an RV :)

may not be such a bad drive from NC to KOH next year :)

went for final Mechanical look over today and took it for a drive.. it is HUGE and AWESOME :)

I should have it in probably 2 weeks then I get to make it mine

DAMNNNNNNNN If you havent driven anything this big take your time. This thing is not even like an 18 wheeler its going to be harder to turn and back up esp. with a trailer. But the family should enjoy it on trips it will be very nice to live in.

DAMNNNNNNNN If you havent driven anything this big take your time. This thing is not even like an 18 wheeler its going to be harder to turn and back up esp. with a trailer. But the family should enjoy it on trips it will be very nice to live in.

well I had to back it up from where it was parked to get it out and to my surprise it was pretty easy to back up now shifting threw the gears was an entire another story :)

How many gears. If its a truck tranny then your going to have to double clutch or float the gears. Either way to up shift you need to let the rpms drop and to down shift you are going to need to brup the throttle to up the rpms to get it to go into gear.

Hook up with one of the truck drivers on here or the guy with the big flat black chevy duelly on 24.5 tires

How many gears. If its a truck tranny then your going to have to double clutch or float the gears. Either way to up shift you need to let the rpms drop and to down shift you are going to need to brup the throttle to up the rpms to get it to go into gear.
Hook up with one of the truck drivers on here or the guy with the big flat black chevy duelly on 24.5 tires

5 speed tranny with a double clutch

Learn how to square your turns. I'd suggest setting the big PS mirror where you can see the rear tire / curb / etc. Use the blind spot mirror for merging. In town, ease up until the rear tire is just short of the corner and turn the wheel to lock. Ease it around. Get used to making all your turns this way. Buses are pretty easy to drive once you get used to sitting in front of the steer tires.

Let me know, I'd be glad to come by and give you a demo. :D

Woohoo, I know who to call on Friday and Saturday nights... Ken's got the drunk bus! :lol:

Very cool!

Ken,

This is awesome. You must take pictures in front of a waffle house. However with this it won't have the same effect.

Ken,
This is awesome. You must take pictures in front of a waffle house. However with this it won't have the same effect.

hahhaa NICE :)

Learn how to square your turns. I'd suggest setting the big PS mirror where you can see the rear tire / curb / etc. Use the blind spot mirror for merging. In town, ease up until the rear tire is just short of the corner and turn the wheel to lock. Ease it around. Get used to making all your turns this way. Buses are pretty easy to drive once you get used to sitting in front of the steer tires.

Let me know, I'd be glad to come by and give you a demo. :D

ya I went over a few lines when making turns around corners :) but I did not hit any curbs.. I would have taken out a car or two when I turned if there had been any :)

Damn nice tow rig! :beer: Just curious, what size fuel tank does that beast have?

Very cool!

Wow! That is BIG! Post some pictures of the inside when you get it home.

Guessing it gets about 5 mpg... gonna suck, but riding in style is pretty darn valuable too.

Damn nice tow rig! :beer: Just curious, what size fuel tank does that beast have?

179 gallon fuel tank and 50 gallon diesel generator tank :)

Guessing it gets about 5 mpg... gonna suck, but riding in style is pretty darn valuable too.

6-8 depending on load and driving style

I've been eyeballing that thing for a year since I drove past it every day for work... Glad someone finally picked it up. Still vote twin turbo...

I'd like to imagine that the pic was taken using a belly button cam, but that might get the thread thrown in the garage, so I'll just settle for knowing whose clumsy fingers those are... :)

Really excited to see the interior pics - heck, to SEE the interior! Nice snag Ken! You and the family are going to enjoy.

whoa........ is that the the one that was parked at the corner of tryon and trailwood?

whoa........ is that the the one that was parked at the corner of tryon and trailwood?

yup.. all it took was a few phone calls and next thing I knew I was meeting the guy and looking it over :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back