New truck questions yet again

A vote for a Tundra. I have an 07 with 235k on it. Hauls my willys, boats, etc etc. No issues with power or stopping ability. Normal maintenance items. Only downside is gas mileage.
My Expedition got terrible gas mileage towing anyway, so can't be much worse. I daily drive a little beater Malibu for gas mileage so this truck won't be driven that much, I just need something reliable to take our camper on trips all over for baseball tournaments.

My Expedition got terrible gas mileage towing anyway, so can't be much worse. I daily drive a little beater Malibu for gas mileage so this truck won't be driven that much, I just need something reliable to take our camper on trips all over for baseball tournaments.

I typically get 14 or so unloaded and 9 loaded with the trailer/jeep. I have a leveling kit in the front, bigger tires than stock, and a cold air intake. Other than that the truck is completely stock and has handled everything I've thrown at it. I've got the 4 door TRD Limited trim level if that helps. Only thing I don't have is the navigation screen.

Paid 32k in 08 and it had 30k on the clock.

Related note: riding alongside a late model GM half ton the other day. Bed sides are higher off the ground than you are tall, hood is nearly as bad. No wonder they have ladders built into the tailgates. Fucking useless as a truck.
which one is that? or is that another exaggeration? If memory serves me correct the newer ones are $1100 +/- for the tail lamp assemblies with the modules/radar inside.

which one is that? or is that another exaggeration? If memory serves me correct the newer ones are $1100 +/- for the tail lamp assemblies with the modules/radar inside.
That's just one plastic housing, no radar module. Two housings with all the modules will set you back $4500-5000.

That's just one plastic housing, no radar module. Two housings with all the modules will set you back $4500-5000.

About like my 1600$ headlight in my Denali. With a 500$ core to return the old one. They are all doing it

My buddy accidentally bumped a tree in my yard last night in the rain with his newer Silverado. Barely touched it, but aluminum door.......$1200 for the cheapest used door he could find.

Something that has seriously impressed me is Alan's F150's. He's had 2 now with the ecoboost. Both were not only able to tow his jeep effortlessly, but he passed up going up fancy gap like we were sitting still. And we were doing 65 :eek:
Granted he DOES have a 5.5 bed, but they still can come with the 6.5 bed. But he also got 15-18 mph while towing (25 on trips not towing)
Obviously not a long trip? Had a late-teen F-150 EcoBoost with us going to Moab in 2017...
Tiny ass fuel tank needed filling *EVERY* 2 🤬 hours!
Granted, rolling 85MPH into some stiff headwinds across OK/TX/NM even stopped the 12V Cummins from "making fuel", but was a total PITA wrangling the other 3 tow-rigs into some roadside station in the middle of no where

Obviously not a long trip? Had a late-teen F-150 EcoBoost with us going to Moab in 2017...
Granted, rolling 85MPH into some stiff headwinds across OK/TX/NM even stopped the 12V Cummins from "making fuel", but was a total PITA wrangling the other 3 tow-rigs into some roadside station in the middle of no where
🤣 Me, Jason, and Josh made the trek to Moab in 2017. Josh had his 2002 2500 short bed with the 8.1 and it's tiny little 26 gallon tank .

We had to stop EVERY 150 miles for fuel to keep from potentially running that Chevy dry. I think one time in the Texas high plains we had to stretch it to 165 because of lack of stations.. but it was literally on fumes when we made it to a station

The 6,5ft bed one has a 36gal tank IIRC

Apparently they did some funky plumbing/baffling on the '15+ tanks that limits them to 23gals, but can be unwound to hold 33gals... this one was only getting 160-ish miles on a tank, given he was on it constantly trying to keep up with diesels and the headwinds

Back