New to us, motor home

Kewl Thanks Kenneth. Are the ones at Taget undercounter/cabnet? Trying to save much needed counter space

dont know exactly what you mean by under counter. I mean mineis pretty small but will do like 6 or 8 cups. I know you drink alot of coffee so here is basically the same thing I have in my camper but in ten cup. Doesn't really matter what you buy for your camper big or small you will always find a space for it although it may be agrivating to stow or get out.

Says it's $14.09 http://www.target.com/c/home-kitche...t=0&customPrice=false&facetedValue=/-/N-5xtro

Attachments

• coffee maker.jpg
    coffee maker.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 300
Chip, as I plan out my smaller RV interior lay out the one thing I'm doing is making the appliances mostly movable. I'm planning to use a large toaster oven vs built in, table top hot plate burners vs built in, cheep(er) coffee pot etc.. That way depending on weather, location, or if I'm camping near you, I can setup stuff outside, or in various spots inside.

I'll have to take some pics to 'splain it better, but...
The major issue with the kitchen is that there is basically no counter space to sit things. There is a small area behind the sink that we put the coffee maker, but, it is in the way when cooking. So instead of moving replacing and so on back and forth, we want a space saver type coffee maker. It will attach under one of the top cabinets or shelf. out of the way and using only air space and not the counter. I have even thought about getting a toaster oven that also fits under the cabinet as well. While the gas oven works well, you can't toast like you do at home. You have to flip the toast once the butter is absorbed because it will toast on the bottom. Not much room under the actual heating element(flame)

Lowes has the undercounter coffee maker, I beleive it is a Black an Decker. We use a Coleman percolator that sits on the burner and takes up very little space. $10.00

My hometown of Rocky Mount...you probably found the only thing worth buying there :) Would love to see interior pics!
Here ya go!

Attachments

• 5T25Q15S63k53p13l8bb38ff17ef4161815e1.jpg
    5T25Q15S63k53p13l8bb38ff17ef4161815e1.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 344
  • 5V45T15Z03md3o03labb3cd679b6900681080.jpg
    5V45T15Z03md3o03labb3cd679b6900681080.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 355
A powered, bagless, stick vacuum?
Dang Leslie you can't be to picky IT'S FREE.

Yes it runs on corded power and is bagless. It's basically a dust buster on a stick w/ a wide suction hicky thing on the end.

Deal is it came w/ my camper when I bought it and the wife wasn't to thrilled about the cord deal for some reason. So I said fine use a broom. And that's exactly what she does and it works great and is cordless. Tell Chip to stop by and get it and if yall don't like it throw it away; go buy a better one and report back how you like it cause were really still in the market for something better. Just yet to buy one.

I'll have to take some pics to 'splain it better, but...
The major issue with the kitchen is that there is basically no counter space to sit things. There is a small area behind the sink that we put the coffee maker, but, it is in the way when cooking. So instead of moving replacing and so on back and forth, we want a space saver type coffee maker. It will attach under one of the top cabinets or shelf. out of the way and using only air space and not the counter. I have even thought about getting a toaster oven that also fits under the cabinet as well. While the gas oven works well, you can't toast like you do at home. You have to flip the toast once the butter is absorbed because it will toast on the bottom. Not much room under the actual heating element(flame)
Buy a cheap 8 dollar toaster at target. Something you can stow easily. Toaster ovens take up alot of space.

As far as your gas oven goes most camper ones are alike and almost everyone hates them and don't use them cause they burn stuff on the bottom. I love good biscuits in the morning and a good Totinos pizza for lunch out by the pool while camping. After burning many bisc. and pizzas I had to figure out a way to stop the burning. What I did is I had an old 2'' deep metal cake pan that I turned upside down on the metal pan above the burner flame and wala perfect biscuits and pizza.

Just a little advice from my experiences.

Also another thing. You know I went from a popup to a large camper just like you have. I have found out you won't use half the crap in the big camper that you had in the pop up. I'm still taking junk out that I transfered cause I've not used it in two years and 15 or 16 trips.

Hope this helps.

edit: just notice your wanting an under cabinet toaster oven. try that out and let me know how it works.

Put a 12 x 12 ceramic floor tile in the bottom (above the burner)of the oven and try it. This helps dissipate the heat more evenly, helped ours a lot. Now we have a motorhome that does not have a gas oven. But it does have a micro wave convection that is great. Makes the best cobbler that you can imagine!

But it does have a micro wave convection that is great. Makes the best cobbler that you can imagine!

UN POSSIBLE !

Good cobbler can only be had in a dutch oven over a campfire !

:flipoff2:

Back