New to NC4x4

ccarr51

Hey im new to the site. Not exactly new to 4x4. Right now I live in Ohio and go out often to some of the places around here, but ill be moving down to Charlotte (or wherebouts) either in March or June. I drive a Blue 98 Jeep Wrangler. Upgraded to some 33x12.50 Buckshot tires and locked the D30 with an Aussie locker. So far so good there. Also have some new Hella 500s and a flowmaster 40 in the rear. Have to weld on a new tailpipe as it was ripped off in our latest excursion. Also crumpled my drivers side fender thanks to a tree. Almost rolled it sliding sideways down a snowy hill. Tree saved me big time.
Here are some pictures and videos of our most recent trip. This place is known as Painted Rock. Second picture is of the tree damage and there are a few videos taken. enjoy http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v469/tonysmudbog/2007/January 26th - Painted Rock/
I am a part of a group here in ohio known as Offroadohio. good group of guys.
Cant wait to meet some of you and get out there on the trails.

good stuff! welcome!

Looked kind of cold out there. Welcome and I hope you do not like the snow because around Charlotte we get very little of the white stuff.

Welcome to the east coast! I was a mud bound midwesterner too. you will LOVE the rocks!

Hope we can wheel together!
Darrin V.

New to the forum

How's it going. I'm new to the forum and kinda new to the 4wd world. I have a 88 XJ that I plan on getting dirty and dented..once I get it lifted..Open for all the info and tech advise I can get.

Ok so I guess in NC you guys have e-checks and crap like that. Will my front bashed fender cause me any problems in that? I dont have any other problems with it that I know about it runs fine and everything. Ive replaced a TPS sensor already, but it seems to be running fine. So I think ill pass an emissions test but with the bashed front fender, im not so sure.

Here they have a state inspection, but the fender thing won't fail it. If it's '96 or newer it can't have the CEL on (and it has to work), as well as the standard lights, horn etc. Tires can't be bald, the usual stuff. If it's older than '96 it just has to pass a safety insp. Which is the usual safety stuff.

Hey, welcome to the board everyone!!!!

Well the light on the fender works, though it doesnt have a lense over it, but the fender flare turn signal is ripped off on the drivers side from the tree. Other than that, no CEL so im looking good.

Like rattlecan said, you won't have a problem. Just get new lenses for the lights or flat fender what's left and use CJ signals. I've passed inpections no problems like that. My old club is predominately based in Ohio and that is an absolutely lawless state as far as vehicle mods are concerned. I can't believe some of the rigs that are "street legal" in that state. NC is certainly better than PA concerning tire coverage/lift/no doors/etc. BTW, what part of OH are you coming from. I'm in the Charlotte area and would be happy to give you new lenses when you get here if you're interested. I don't have much use for them anymore.

The flare turn signal is actually still in one piece would just need rewired. I just need a new lense for my drivers side turn signal. im getting my tailpipe fixed tomorrow. Im from Zanesville so its about 40 minutes east of columbus. A few good places to ride in this area.

They are having a run on feb 18th, but like paragon a lot of wellsville is closing. It was owned by three different people and a couple ended up selling out. So only parts of it are still open. I havent been there though, might have to try sometime.

Most of my dads family live in McConnelsville! Been to Zanesville a lot. Got lost in Marietta once at midnight too. My cousin and her husband live in Zanesville too.

Back