New Kaufmann

BUCKETOBOLTS

I picked up my new to me trailer this afternoon. I'm really impressed with the quality and road manners. I haven't pulled my Bronco yet but have pulled the fella's I bought it from John Deere. I'm sure my rig should pull well also. It measures 20ft x 6'10" with a 2ft cleated dovetail. I really like the flip up ramp also. With the stiff leg loading and unloading is not so rough on the tow rig. It has 5200lbs axles both with brakes. Guess I have no excuss for not making Tellico the next Round-Up.

Attachments

• 109-0974_IMG.JPG
    109-0974_IMG.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 244
  • 109-0969_IMG.JPG
    109-0969_IMG.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 109-0972_IMG.JPG
    109-0972_IMG.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 275
Thats a good looking trailer.

Looks about like mine, but I added the removable fenders, slide-in ramps, rub rails, and adjustable coupler. Got mine last June, and have about 4k miles on it now. You'll enjoy it.

The adjustable coupler was a concession to getting the hitches on 4 tow vehicles and 3 different trailers to work out to the same hitch height.

Only thing I really don't like is the location of the spare. I'm gonna cut off their mount, and put a crank-up winch mount underneath the trailer.

The only real complaint about the workmanship is that the battery for the breakaways looked like it was added as an afterthought. Wires going to the battery were not inside the plastic loom, but just tiewrapped along side of it, and the bare wires went thru a drilled hole in the frame to the breakaway switch, with no grommet in the hole to keep them from chaffing thru and shorting.

Other than that, quality was 110%.

Back