Need some advice?

Rox&Mud

CTB
Anyone know anything about buffer zones and setback etc. The land which is state owned and previously undeveloped but now is being developed butts right up to my neighborhood. I don't care if they develop their property but they clear cut right to the property line which will be a serious problem for the intended use. My understanding is the state needs to adhere the city ordinances and possibly their own statutes but I have had little luck finding pertinent info. Any help you guys may have would really be helpful.

Thanks

My folks just went through this last summer. There was about 50 yards of trees between my neighborhood and the neighborhood behind us. My mother fought tooth and nail to prevent the clear cutting, in the end all the city had to say was if we need access to that land, the other people couldn't complain. In reality, we could use that land as well. This response is grossly summarized, but that was the jist. Nothing we could do about it...maybe your city will care, ours didn't.

I know there are regulations especially in regards to developing non-residential property that is adjacent to residential property I just have had no luck finding the info.

City of Raleigh requires significant 'buffer zones' that have to be heavily planted between uses (such as commercial next to residential). Unfortunately the state doesn't often feel the need to adhere to the local ordinances. Doesn't mean they won't follow the rules, but any time there are multiple 'sets of rules'... well it turns into a p!s$ing contest!

I don't have personal experience with that exact scenario, but do have some knowledge of commercial development requirements w/i the City of Raleigh. If you want to PM me more info (that is, if you don't want to post it here), maybe I can find out more or explain what I do know.

City of Raleigh requires significant 'buffer zones' that have to be heavily planted between uses (such as commercial next to residential). Unfortunately the state doesn't often feel the need to adhere to the local ordinances. Doesn't mean they won't follow the rules, but any time there are multiple 'sets of rules'... well it turns into a p!s$ing contest!

I don't have personal experience with that exact scenario, but do have some knowledge of commercial development requirements w/i the City of Raleigh. If you want to PM me more info (that is, if you don't want to post it here), maybe I can find out more or explain what I do know.
PM sent

Contact GSW on here (forum member)

He's the town planner for Granite Falls, and as such probably knows the ins and outs of basic land use regulations and stuff...

Back