need a diesel shop

line worker

hey guys im looking for a shop that will adjust the timing in my 98 12 valve cummins im in the southern va area but frequently go to roxboro and raleigh durham area does anyone know of a shop that will do this for me. thanks

call rudy's performance parts. 919 636 1518.
he moved to a shop in durham.

Who are the good Powerstroke mechanics in Raleigh, specifically 6.0L's ?

I'm getting ready to move back to Raleigh from Wilmington.

If you need a diesel mechanic by the south east coast - Jim's Automotive (JIM Himself) is great in Shallotte NC

Another bump for Phil McMasters, stand up guy and does quality work.

On the note of a good diesel shop...Ive got a 03' F250 6.0 powerstroke that im saving money up to start the process of making this thing last as long as it can. I.E. head gaskets, studs, egr delete, bypass oil filter, and a airdog 2 fuel air seperation system to start and much more to come seeing this is going to be my work truck/tow rig. Looking for something in asheville,charlotte,greenville sc triangle area if anyone knows of anyone who is resonalble and knowable about there powerstrokes. Thanks

Guys I am a Ford diesel tech at a dealer here in Raleigh. I have seen the work that Chason does, would not recommend them. If anybody needs work on there Powerstrokes send me a message and we can work something out.

Some quick prices, EGR delete kit, Head Gaskets and Studs, SCT Programmer w/ 3 tunes, oil cooler, oil change, coolant and labor $3800

Hoover Built Performance 1-336-302-3331 his name is Chris and he's in Asheboro NC hes the powerstroke man and prices are very resonable if he's too busy (not to brag on myself) I have worked on several and me and him work together on things as well I'm mostly cummins but do the pstrokes and dmax's as well my # is 919-545-6533 call me (my name is Aaron) or him and you wont be disapointed.

Hoover Built Performance 1-336-302-3331 his name is Chris and he's in Asheboro NC hes the powerstroke man and prices are very resonable if he's too busy (not to brag on myself) I have worked on several and me and him work together on things as well I'm mostly cummins but do the pstrokes and dmax's as well my # is 919-545-6533 call me (my name is Aaron) or him and you wont be disapointed.

hahaha Hoover huh Aaron?? Na just kiddin guys hes good stuff when it comes to those ol fords but for sure hit Aaron up hes an awesome guy that knows his stuff!

^They need to fix that website.

Power By Poole, as well. Bigass shop, lots of knowledge, and is working on a dyno-room setup.

Whatever you do do not go to XXXtremediesel he is crooked I don't talk about people unless they deserve it, he built an automatic for my friends 2000 cummins said it would have all billet shafts performance frictions ans was supposed to be a triple disc converter then when it failed on a stock truck with an edge with attitude it was torn down the converter was a stock unit as where the shafts and the frictions where almost completely worn down to nothing all in 15000 miles he wouldn't honor his warranty and said the truck was more powerfull than he built the trans to handle so therefor wasn't his fault. Take it to any shop I've heard and delt with some of the others I bought my clutch from power by poole, very nice guy to deal with, just whatever you do don't go to XXXtreme diesel in yadkinville you will get screwed out of your money.

I have a excellent 6.0 powerstroke mechanic located in smithfield. he has done all the work on my 6.0 he done my headstuds,headgaskets, egr delete, hpop, injectors and does everything else but the normal service's which i do myself. I highly recommend him to anybody who is having issue's with there 6.0 name is JT and his number is 919-922-1011

My personal experience with Poole was a lot of talk, postponements, reschedules, and never followed through on anything. :shaking:

You must not have come across as a very serious potential customer to him. He is sometimes hard to get on the phone, but his prices are damn close to internet prices, he has shit-tons of knowledge(especially about cummins, it seems) and has bought parts for me with nothing other than my word that i wanted them(and I have always pulled through with the $$)

Dropped it off at Chason today - was impressed with the 6.0 L technician I spoke with.

Hope to get my truck back soon and hope it runs right.

Back