NC Laws governing Window Tint?

Caver Dave

Just holdin' it down here in BFV
Well, my wife has a new DD ('06 CRV) since the mimi-van died...

To keep the crumb munchers she hauls daily from trashing it in the first 4 months, I treated the seats and added some decent fitted seat covers. The dealer "threw in" :shaking: a set of rubber floor mats.

Now she wants the rear windows tinted. IIRC, there's an issue with tinting the front windows past a certain percentage, but don't recall about the rears...

Also looking for recommendations for LOCAL tinters (I do NOT have time to screw with pulling the door glass to do it right) and do NOT want to haul it 500 miles either!

:beer:

The fronts on a suv, truck, or a van have to be 35% but the state gives you a 3% margin. So the tint can actually be 32% and still pass.

its 32% plus or minus 3% and the back of a suv, van, truck and be black paint if you such desire. FYI went 2 inspection school 2 weeks ago

everyone has stated the law correct... front two are allowed up to 32% and the rear on any non passenger vehicle i.e truck van suv can be as dark as the owner wishes... i can do the tint work for you but im in wilmington which isnt too far but still 3 hours away... heading to the beach anytime soon? let me know

Back