NAXJA Cherokee Crawl. Harlan, KY 6/29 - 7/2

ghost

I'll be heading to Harlan 6/28 for the annual Crawl. Pretty sure this is my 20th consecutive year at this. I'll be there until 7/2. Staying in a cabin on the Putney side. Anyone else be up there on the mountain?

Obligatory driveway shot.
IMG_5381.jpeg

Made it up here. 2 stand stills. One on I20 in Columbia with a wrecked semi. The other on i26 with construction. Stopped in Landrum, SC at the Hare and the Houmd, an amazing Irish pub. Got to Putney 9 hours after we left. It’s 6 hours drive time. An hour out had to stop and deal with a work issue which took about 45 min. Jeeps acting up and consensus was torque converter bolts.
70968993203__E8C9E08B-D34A-4552-A5CC-5146DCBCE0A7.jpeg

So after tightening all 4 I went for a spin through the campground. CEL and staling. So I broke out the brick.

IMG_5384.jpeg
IMG_5385.jpeg
IMG_5386.jpeg
IMG_5387.jpeg
IMG_5388.jpeg
IMG_5389.jpeg
IMG_5390.jpeg

Looks like a TPS issue. So I’ll try a reset tonight and see what happens tomorrow when I go across the road for gas.

TPS seems to have fixed the problem.
IMG_5398.jpeg
IMG_5400.jpeg
IMG_5402.jpeg
IMG_5406.jpeg

More Jeep stuff. Also. I’m sorry. Got pinned at the waterfall and my Jeep mover the big rock.
IMG_5407.jpeg
IMG_5408.jpeg
IMG_5409.jpeg
IMG_5410.jpeg
IMG_5411.jpeg
IMG_5412.jpeg
IMG_5413.jpeg
IMG_5414.jpeg
IMG_5415.jpeg
IMG_5416.jpeg

Hmmm juicy haze!! And the Oberon is good too!! Hope it’s a good week d by why is it a Cherokee crawl and all I’m seeing is not-cherocars?
There were three Cherokee’s. Personally idgaf what you wheel. But come wheel.

Hey Harlan has a brew company now. Just wanted to let you know..
Almost called you but the Adavaced had a TPS. Steven said you might have one of they didn’t.

If you are going be in Harlan wheeling this weekend Evarts has a good restaurant called Leon's you might want to check it out. Just to let you know..

If you are going be in Harlan wheeling this weekend Evarts has a good restaurant called Leon's you might want to check it out. Just to let you know..
We are doing a group meal at the Portal tonight but I’d like to k ow more for next time. I tried google but didn’t see anything in Evarts.

Looks like I’m going to need a vulcanizer. One of the slices finally opened up a little to much.

We are doing a group meal at the Portal tonight but I’d like to k ow more for next time. I tried google but didn’t see anything in Evarts

The portal is a good place to eat. Was there Friday night.
Leons just opened about 2 months ago. They have a place in Pineville KY we have eat there several times and it has always been good. The place in Evarts is only open friday to sunday right now till they get settled in. The owners are good people. Get a chance check them out.

Made it up here. 2 stand stills. One on I20 in Columbia with a wrecked semi. The other on i26 with construction. Stopped in Landrum, SC at the Hare and the Houmd, an amazing Irish pub. Got to Putney 9 hours after we left. It’s 6 hours drive time. An hour out had to stop and deal with a work issue which took about 45 min. Jeeps acting up and consensus was torque converter bolts.
View attachment 399716

So after tightening all 4 I went for a spin through the campground. CEL and staling. So I broke out the brick.

View attachment 399717View attachment 399718View attachment 399719View attachment 399720View attachment 399721View attachment 399722View attachment 399723
The hare and the hound is awesome, been there a few times!!

Back