Name brand foods vs Store brands

Not sure on the diets or zeros, but name brands are usually 99 cents or so and the cheap ones are 20 cents less....there are a few things that you just gotta get name brand!

My brother frequently drinks HT brand zero Cola... I can't speak to how it tastes but I'll ask him. ;)

Not sure on the diets or zeros, but name brands are usually 99 cents or so and the cheap ones are 20 cents less....there are a few things that you just gotta get name brand!

I generally agree w/ you, I haven't found many generic sodas that are as good.
We only buy them when on sale for $2.50-$3 per 12-pack, and stock up, so the price difference is not substantial.

Oh regarding "generic" sodas - are there any non-name brands that have an equivalent to the Coke/Pepsi "zero" lines?

The Kroger one is meh...I'm a Coke Zero gal but not drinking it like I used to.

I like a a lot of Ingles store brand stuff. Moving to CO I don't have Ingles now of course, so instead it's City Market (aka Kroger) & Albertsons (which I thought all closed years ago). There are quite a few things I buy that just don't come in a store brand. I will give Wally World a thumbs up on their pita chips. Tasty!

And for all you TP aficionados, if you haven't used Cottonelle Aloe you are sorely missing out.

Those places are too crowded, I like going to food lion and getting my stuff, I'm usually going late so no one is there and I'm single so I just buy stuff for myself or stuff to cook during the week when my girl friend is going to be eating too. I save enough with the mvp card and buying the off brand stuff. I don't skimp on food, I like my food and I like the good stuff. I like their beef and meats better. But that's really just comparing all to Walmart.

whaa? your single? shiiiiiit son!
Ah, I see, girlfriend is mentioned later. Sneaky Sneaky.

I buy name brand some things, store brand others.

I buy name brand drinks, I like gatorade, I like sundrop, etc...

As for food, I buy mostly store brands, its all the same, but I do insist strictly on Jif peanut butter, I can taste the difference I swear. haha.

I buy diet sundrop and diet 7up. I have two two liters of each in my fridge right now. I drink bottled water 99 percent of the time so any other drinks last me forever.

I shop at Harris Teeter pretty much all the time they have good deals and a awesome coupon policy. I got 3 boxes of kelloggs cereal last week for 0.34 a box, ended up payin 14 for 60 bucks worth of stuff.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Since we don't have any canned foods/processed foods in our house, it's mostly veggies/fruit/protein, which I buy at Aldi's. Some things I buy organic at Lowe's, but mainly one trip to Aldi's does it all (except for the TP & asparagus).

I have a list of the things that are usually on sale, by month, that I'll post up... Good for stocking up.

We also stick to the perimeter of the store, for the most part... Not a lot of processed stuff (we try to snack on nuts and fruit) and I'm particular about frozen and canned stuff, and the bread we buy. I don't dig on soy, and that crap is in everything. Like i said before, I stock up when stuff is on sale. We also get fresh meat (venison & white/river catfish) and some veggies canned or frozen from Shawn's grandparents and we usually have a garden.

Back