Motor-sickle Racing (MX/SX, GNCC, MotoGP, Hard Enduro, SBK, etc)

Anybody else watch MotoGP? I thought Marc Marquez would do a little better than he did, but 4th sure beats the heck out of staying on the Honda.
1710300646697.png

But man does that LCR Honda look good!
1710300719267.png

Anybody else watch MotoGP? I thought Marc Marquez would do a little better than he did, but 4th sure beats the heck out of staying on the Honda.
View attachment 414013

But man does that LCR Honda look good!
View attachment 414014

I watched it for the first time in probably 5 years because I could see it on Max now. It was a kind of boring race.... but him showing 4th on that bike, was pretty impressive.

I watched it for the first time in probably 5 years because I could see it on Max now. It was a kind of boring race.... but him showing 4th on that bike, was pretty impressive.
Honestly, I'm surprised he wasn't fighting for the win just because he's Marc Marquez. But he was right there with them, didn't crash all weekend, and was smart enough to let Acosta pass him and burn the tires up. He will build from here, and if Bagnaia and Martin are not super consistent 1 and 2, Marquez will be fighting for the championship lead in a few races.

Barring injury, this 450 SX title is over.

Webb down 21 points
Chase down 25 points
Roczen down 35 points
Tomac down 36 points

1710768601148.png

McAdoo looked really good last weekend.

1710768791448.png

Webb and Sexton still have a chance, as they are consistent. The problem is that Jett is becoming consistent too, and his consistent is at the very front. With that said, one DNF for Jett, and Webb is ahead. Likewise, one DNF for Webb and Sexton, and the championship is done.

McAdoo seems to have really matured. I was NOT a fan for the past couple of years, with the ridiculous crashes and stupid moves. But he seems to have settled down and gotten his shit together and is riding and handling himself well.

Webb and Sexton still have a chance, as they are consistent. The problem is that Jett is becoming consistent too, and his consistent is at the very front. With that said, one DNF for Jett, and Webb is ahead. Likewise, one DNF for Webb and Sexton, and the championship is done.

McAdoo seems to have really matured. I was NOT a fan for the past couple of years, with the ridiculous crashes and stupid moves. But he seems to have settled down and gotten his shit together and is riding and handling himself well.
10 races in, and he has won 5 of them, and like you said he is becoming more consistent (won the last 3; Daytona, Birmingham, and swept the triple crown). I think he could suffer a DNF, and still easily win the title. I'm not a fan of his either, but his speed is undeniable.

Last edited:
10 races in, and he has won 5 of them, and like you said he is becoming more consistent. I think he could suffer a DNF, and still easily win the title. I'm not a fan of his either, but his speed is undeniable.
I'm not quite a Jett "fan", but he seems to have his head screwed on pretty well, and his outdoor MX performance in his rookie season was completely unbelieveable, even if the field wasn't at full strength. Dude is the real deal and is backing it up against what is arguably the deepest field in decades.

The next 8 years could be interesting for Jett. He is 20 yrs old, and typically riders 'peak' in their mid 20's. The 450 field is full of veterans who will likely be retiring in 1-3 years. He will be getting faster over the next 1-3 years while all of the guys on the list below will be getting slower. I would bet on Tomac retiring after this years SX season ends.

No one has ever won a 450 SX title at age 30+, not even McGrath.

Eli Tomac - 31
Jason Anderson - 31
Justin Barcia - 31
Ken Roczen - 29
Dylan Ferrandis - 29
Cooper Webb - 28
Aaron Plessinger - 28
Chase Sexton - 24

Last edited:
The next 8 years could be interesting for Jett. He is 20 yrs old, and typically riders 'peak' in their mid 20's. The 450 field is full of veterans who will likely be retiring in 1-3 years. He will be getting faster over the next 1-3 years while all of the guys on the list below will be getting slower. I would bet on Tomac retiring after this years SX season ends.

No won has ever won a 450 SX title at age 30+, not even McGrath.

Eli Tomac - 31
Jason Anderson - 31
Justin Barcia - 31
Ken Roczen - 29
Dylan Ferrandis - 29
Cooper Webb - 28
Aaron Plessinger - 28
Chase Sexton - 24
Like Bubba Stewart once Carmichael retired, his greatest adversary will be himself.

It’s going to be a big change in the next two years if all the guys that retire. A lot of seats opening up. But also maybe they won’t retire and hang on longer than normal.

But the races are getting boring with Jett.

It’s going to be a big change in the next two years if all the guys that retire. A lot of seats opening up. But also maybe they won’t retire and hang on longer than normal.

But the races are getting boring with Jett.
It could be bad. Jett could go on to dominate SX over the next several years. If that happens, I am wondering how long some of the veterans will keep on racing if they know they are racing for at best 2nd place. Racing is fun, and they are getting paid well, but if you are a past champion and know you are outmatched, how long do they keep 'doing their job' and getting paid.

On another note, Deegan looked really impressive last weekend.

Jett is dominate. He's on the path to be a Michael Jordan or at least a Lebron of his sport. If he stays healthy it will become boring to watch SX as he rides on another level compared to the rest of the field.

It could be bad. Jett could go on to dominate SX over the next several years. If that happens, I am wondering how long some of the veterans will keep on racing if they know they are racing for at best 2nd place. Racing is fun, and they are getting paid well, but if you are a past champion and know you are outmatched, how long do they keep 'doing their job' and getting paid.

On another note, Deegan looked really impressive last weekend.

Deegan was actually humble this time. Almost like he took some media training and it sunk in.

Dumb question, but what's up with the French people living in Avignon CA and Avignon FL ?
Also, there really is an Avignon, CA (its really just a neighborhood), but I imagine @StretchASU is correct.
1710856036852.png

Usually how it just gets autopopulated off signup sheets. Might originally be from Avignon, but US residence is CA or FL.
ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Avignon is a cool city and had some of the best MX tracks in the country nearby. Would make sense.

Also, there really is an Avignon, CA (its really just a neighborhood), but I imagine @StretchASU is correct.
View attachment 414455
Yeah I saw that but didn't make sense.
There is also a gated community in FL called Avignon.

What a dominant performance by Kitchen on the 250!!

Race of the year in 450SX last night in my opinion. I’ve never seen Webb look so tired after a race. In the end, he wasn’t the fastest, he just made the least time sucking mistakes. Jett coulda won it if he had a little patience when trying to get past Webb. He doesn’t do a lot of the common rookie mistakes, but that definitely was one. Hell of a tricky track, and great ride by Sexton too. If he hadn’t stalled it (again!!!) he definitely would have won. But that’s why Webb keeps racking up wins and titles. Before this race, only led 5 laps, but had more wins than anyone else this year besides Jett. Glad to see the championship tighten back up.

And Roczen going to his first ever LCQ?!?!?!? I think they said 143 races, and never been in an LCQ until last night? That’s downright unbelievable!

Camp Coker GNCC in the books. Only the 2nd time I’ve been on the bike since this race last year but managed to stay off the ground and bring it and me home in one piece. 36 out of 58 in Sportsman B.
47818A32-D05D-408C-BF3A-0C6D86943BF8.jpeg

The 1PM pro race was a barn burner. Both Red Bull KTM’s out front for 3 hours wheel to wheel. The rest of XC1 battled with Stu Baylor cutting the lead from just over a minute to 32 seconds with a lap to go, ultimately getting bumped off the podium for a penalty still yet to be announced. Putting his bro Grant in 3rd to round out the podium.

Jett could've smoked the field but after crashing into Webb he thought about the big picture. Now that he's figured that out and stays healthy, we'll probably be watching the Jett show for many years. Webb is such a grinder loved seeing him win.

X2 on everything you guys said.

Eli now 40 points down! Chase almost a full race worth of points down. Cooper Webb is the only one staying sort of close, and without that foolish impatient pass attempt by Jett, he would have finished 2nd and be further down in points. Jett is clearly the fastest guy, and I think the only way he doesn't win the title is a mechanical DNF or more foolish mistakes that Webb capitalizes on.

1711374184135.png

X2 on everything you guys said.

Eli now 40 points down! Chase almost a full race worth of points down. Cooper Webb is the only one staying sort of close, and without that foolish impatient pass attempt by Jett, he would have finished 2nd and be further down in points. Jett is clearly the fastest guy, and I think the only way he doesn't win the title is a mechanical DNF or more foolish mistakes that Webb capitalizes on.
I'd really like to see Webb get one last title before the Jett era starts :laughing:

Back