MOTD (Meme of the Day)

1714014037175.png

They missed the Green dot in Charlotte where all of the yankees (including me) still refer to it as Pop.
Summer after I graduated hs me and my BIL worked a construction job as general laborers /electrician helpers. Our foreman was from Ohio/WV border.
Day one we took a lunch break and went to the canteen area at this plant we were working at, this Foreman who had a reputation as an asshole looked at my bro in law and said ‘Hey boy give me a pop and some nabs’

Apparently nabs is OhioYankee for crackers…

Neither of us was well versed or cultured…we both thought he said something about being hit in the balls….and I think BIL considers it for about 10 seconds…

Until he passed we still had an inside joke about a pop in the nads

Summer after I graduated hs me and my BIL worked a construction job as general laborers /electrician helpers. Our foreman was from Ohio/WV border.
Day one we took a lunch break and went to the canteen area at this plant we were working at, this Foreman who had a reputation as an asshole looked at my bro in law and said ‘Hey boy give me a pop and some nabs’

Neither of us was well versed or cultured…we both thought he said something about being hit in the balls….and I think BIL considers it for about 10 seconds…

I thought nabs was a Southern thing? I never heard that term until I moved down here. I was out with a friend and he said to go run into the store and grab some nabs. I was like wtf is a nab. My wife says it all the time and she was born and raised in Rocky Mount.

I thought nabs was a Southern thing? I never heard that term until I moved down here. I was out with a friend and he said to go run into the store and grab some nabs. I was like wtf is a nab. My wife says it all the time and she was born and raised in Rocky Mount.
Same. Nabs is what my entire family has called them. Even my in laws from east NC call them nabs

Naw. It's always been nabs for me, and I grew up here in the NC foothills. Oddly enough, I have a completely inverse story. Was doing a guided turkey hunt in KY on the Ohio River. We took a break and went to the store and the guide asked what I wanted. Told him a mountain dew and a pack of nabs. He got this confused look on his face and asked "what's a packanabs?". Not knowing them by any other description, it took my 13 year old brain a couple minutes to describe to him what I wanted.

I think nabs used to be more central/eastern NC. I hadn't really heard it until I started hanging around with people from Raleigh/Durham area. But I think it has made it's way around now.

I think nabs used to be more central/eastern NC. I hadn't really heard it until I started hanging around with people from Raleigh/Durham area. But I think it has made it's way around now.
Triad area and southern VA, it was Nabs and "COKE" regardless of it being a pepsi, Dr pepper, or RC

Unless you wanted a Dew. Cause Mt Dew is Mt Dew..it taint no coke

Triad area and southern VA, it was Nabs and "COKE" regardless of it being a pepsi, Dr pepper, or RC

Unless you wanted a Dew. Cause Mt Dew is Mt Dew..it taint no coke
The person I first heard it from had roots in South Boston, VA and Durham, NC, so that totally checks out.

Back