MOTD (Meme of the Day)

Rare, unseen footage of the liberal media control center:
IMG_20190703_114255_01.gif

Or just get a wrecker and haul the car to the nearest charging station. No waiting around, no reinventing the wheel. o_O
Put an inverter on the wrecker so you could charge the car on the way to their destination....longer tow=mo money, upcharged towing service due to charging said car=mo money, being the only person with this option=you guessed it, mo money mo money mo money

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Put an inverter on the wrecker so you could charge the car on the way to their destination....longer tow=mo money, upcharged towing service due to charging said car=mo money, being the only person with this option=you guessed it, mo money mo money mo money

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
All of this has my head hurting. Just make a universal interchangeable battery. Exchange your battery at the nearest service station and roll on another 300 miles.

Probably not very far because of capacity and voltage, and there are thermal management issues with depleting a small battery that fast. Jump packs are duty-cycle limited for those same reasons of thermal management.

An interesting approach could be a hybrid battery/generator setup, where the charging trailer would have a battery bank with inverter, and a small generator. The battery bank would supply the large voltage/current for fast charging, and the generator would recharge the battery bank at a lower average rate while driving around town.

An interesting Idea from the angle of keeping a bank of batteries charged up so you can more quickly recharge the stranded motorist, but the added drag/friction on the trailer wheels is going to reduce the tow vehicles mpg a lot if it's going to charge the battery bank fast enough to be useful... There is no free lunch there, running the diesel generator to charge the on board bank when not charging a vehicle would likely actually be more efficient, and much less complex, saving maintenance costs on the trailer...

An interesting Idea from the angle of keeping a bank of batteries charged up so you can more quickly recharge the stranded motorist, but the added drag/friction on the trailer wheels is going to reduce the tow vehicles mpg a lot if it's going to charge the battery bank fast enough to be useful... There is no free lunch there, running the diesel generator to charge the on board bank when not charging a vehicle would likely actually be more efficient, and much less complex, saving maintenance costs on the trailer...

You're saying the same thing. I'm just talking about a generator to charge the batteries, I don't know what you're talking about friction on the trailer wheels.

You're saying the same thing. I'm just talking about a generator to charge the batteries, I don't know what you're talking about friction on the trailer wheels.

Oh, OK, I get what you're saying now, for whatever reason I was thinking you meant to drive charging from the trailer's axle... All I did was restate what you had already said, Sorry!

All of this has my head hurting. Just make a universal interchangeable battery. Exchange your battery at the nearest service station and roll on another 300 miles.
I could see this type thing being a service that you subscribe to... Otherwise it would be hard to deal with exchanging batteries of different ages and therefor capacity.

I could see this type thing being a service that you subscribe to... Otherwise it would be hard to deal with exchanging batteries of different ages and therefor capacity.

if you’ve ever had to deal with batteries for electric forklifts, you know that changing them isn’t something that isn’t easily done without a host of proper specialized equipment, and that’s for fleets of similar vehicles.

Imagine what it would be like for various makes models and systems available for road going vehicles.

YouTube Tesla battery removal, that’s not gonna happen on the road side, nor is a Prius or any other Hybrid, they weren’t designed for that sort of service.

thought GM, possibly another manufacturer, had proposed a "battery replacement station" similar to a quick lube shop. pull in, battery pack dropped out from bottom, new battery pack installed, drive off for the next xx miles and be able to do it again.
8317296_orig.jpg

7138693_orig.jpg

Check out Nio, a Chinese competitor to Tesla. Mobile battery change outs. Just takes a few minutes. We’re way behind in our thinking.

Back