MOTD (Meme of the Day)

Wtf are nabs?
1714079777285.png

Nabisco stands for National Biscuit Company. Their sandwich crackers (or more likely Lance's version) are called nabs. Captain's Wafers are where it's at.
TIL…

No nabs in wnc, but everything was a Coke when I was a kid except a RC cola.
Yeah, some guy I knew from Madison County called them nabs. I think my dad did too.

Everything was a Coke growing up. I still say it as a generality.

Buddy’s dad coached our high school baseball team and would never stop at a restaurant to let us eat after a game. It was always some sketchy gas station for a poke (something in a paper bag) and a dope (a drink) . Probably get a much different result if you asked somebody for that today.
Still requires a paper bag from my understanding.

I... don't know what to think here
1714160003469.png

Still requires a paper bag from my understanding.
My dear sweet grandaddy who was a 3rd or 4tf grade drop out and self described NC hillbilly...man I miss that man, he had his own language....but thats for another day.

Until the dementia got so bad he wasnt making the choice the only thing that man would take for headaches or body pains was a stanback or a goody powder.
Apparently goody powders werent a thing up north...in the 1980s he and grandma pulled their tiny little camper all over new england on an epic 2 month road trip. (all with a 300 I6 F150 no less)...and as the story went he was some where in New Hampshire and pulled off the side of the road for a pee break and to stretch his legs...while doing so he got decided to take something for a headache...a concerned LEO stopped to check on the elderly couple parked alongside the road. Seeing the small packet on the dash of grandpas truck when he walked up to the window alarmed him and grandpa's answer of 'Its just some goody powder' was apparently not comforting when asked what the white substance was....apparently it was looking like a bad day for grandpa in his new shiny bracelets until a second officer arrived...as they tried to figure out what to do with the truck and trailer combo...the second officer was "a southern boy"...and got a belly laugh as he explained the situation...

1714187572960.png

Back