Monster Energy NASCAR series???

NASCAR Notebook: Kyle Busch Faces Big Penalty - Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series News - MRN.com

And buried at the bottom of the article...

:lol::lol::lol:
Noise Reduction Considered

According to a report in Sports Business Journal, NASCAR is looking at the possibility of quieting racecars and trucks. The publication cites creation of a better environment to socialize as the main reason the idea is being considered.

NASCAR has reportedly indicated to teams that the initiative is on the table. Several short-track sanctioning bodies and tracks around the country currently employ mufflers and other noise-reduction initiatives.

I'm still a fan and enjoy relaxing watching a race. I'm glad they are starting to return driver skill somewhat back into the cars but the mention before of everything is the same except decals is so true. Unfortunately money tends to ruin sports, every sport really is going thru it. I've watched racing since I was a kid and have no intentions of passing it up any time soon. Lots of great memories. NHRA drag races are still my top, as a fan you get to see so much and be involved more in a sense.

[QUOTE="StretchASU, post: 1514724, member: 2824/]
The publication cites creation of a better environment to socialize as the main reason the idea is being considered.
[/QUOTE]
So fighting over a spilt beer or a thrown chicken wing is now considered socializing???

The Small tracks [locals] generally have to fight City/County "noise ordinances", which have been Known to put many out of business. Charlotte's Metrolina track, & the Richard Petty Track, once built next to the Airport. These tracks tend to run night races, in or near neighborhoods, & lack the $$$$ to fight the Ordinance. Burton Smith Tracks & the few other Big boys, Got the Money & Politicians!

I was raised about 5 miles from Volunteer Speedway in Bulls Gap TN and every Sat night,all summer long,you could hear the races goin on.You got to where you didn't even notice the noise unless it was pointed out.

Back