Milwaukee Tool storage

R Q

I'm gathering quite the collection and they are everywhere in my shop. Then I can't find what I need when I need it. I almost need a complete set of shelves dedicated to this type of tool, batteries, and chargers. What are y'all doing for this?

Bought these m18 and m12 battery holders off the Internet for our tool room at work. I really like them.
IMG_20230321_172032118_HDR.jpg

I bought a couple dozen of the M12 and M18 mounts on eBay last year before Christmas . I took 1/3 of them to the garage, and the other 2/3 to the shop. They are still right where I sat them đź‘Ť :laughing:

131980436_1676882225826316_1483289179179821797_n.jpg

As you can see in the right of middle in the picture,I just took scrap PVC and cut notches wide enough for the handle to slide into and deep enough for the body of the tools weight to rest on the sides, Cheap easy and fast. They are just screwed into the bottom of a shelf. For odd ones like the grinder,it's upside down and is held in by where the battery attaches to the tool. And the circular saw is different, it slides in and is held in by the bed of the saw. The big Impact, and the saws all had to have 4" PVC instead of the 3" PVC for everything else. And it fits other brands too.

Recently,I ordered some battery holders and mounted them on a piece of plywood and mounted that in between two shelves. Those are cheap, like $10 from EBAY for 10 battery holders. I am thinking were probably made on a 3D printer.But even though cheap, they seem to be pretty sturdy, and the battery locks in,, so you can mount them how ever. to take the battery out, just release it the same way you take it out of the tool

I was gifted a bare-tool m18 jigsaw today. Been trying to o figure the best storage method, kinda need a case to also keep blades with it. Right now my blades have a storage spot in a drawer but they're never in the same place as the tool....

This thread mildly inspired me.
IMG_1699.jpeg

So I went out to the shop this afternoon to measure my area for my battery tool area. I gathered all of my tools and batteries and chargers and put them on the workbench so I could see what different kinds of mounts I would need. I had most of them over across the shop because I do have shelf space there but it is a PITA to go back and forth so that was my reasoning to get them all near the workbench.
Once I started getting the area kind of ready and making my plans I saw that I did have a spot where an 8274 sits that is a future project that I may never do so I relegated it back to a storage shelf and gained some real estate for part of my tools. So I decided that this area which is just a flat surface on top of a tool box will be for my most used tools and across the shop will do for the occasionally used tools.
Project averted for now, and I'll be able to make the permanent rack/area much more specific to my tools as I go along. I will be using a combination of a wooden rack and shelves along with some of the ready made tools and battery holders like Matt has.
Thanks for all the help and keep showing your set ups, they are very helpful to me and anyone seeing this thread.

Made a little more progress this afternoon.
IMG_1706.jpeg

Also remembered I have these battery mounts that I will give you @R Q or if you don’t want them someone else can have them for the cost of shipping.
IMG_1704.jpeg

I didn’t like them because they require the battery to stick out the front of the shelf because of the way the battery humps up at the latch.

Made a little more progress this afternoon.
View attachment 409459

Also remembered I have these battery mounts that I will give you @R Q or if you don’t want them someone else can have them for the cost of shipping.
View attachment 409460

I didn’t like them because they require the battery to stick out the front of the shelf because of the way the battery humps up at the latch.
Thanks Matt, I'll pass for now because I'm trying to simplify and cant make that trip anytime soon.

Here is my tool storage. I have a very similar setup in the motorhome for the travel set.

Ryobi storage.jpg

Instead of the shelves with slot cuts - I bought the fake battery mounts. They screw into shelf above and the tool slides on and snaps like it’s a battery.
Added small bonus is it covers the connection area and keeps junk out of the contacts

Before Cmas I had considered checking the after Cmas closeouts on tool boxes at HD and Lowe's and sure enough they had a deal on this 48" box. I needed more storage for tools anyway because my stuff is strewn all over the place even with two top and bottom boxes I already have. I'll get or make some tool holders to go above it and rearrange the pegboard to make it all work better.
1704042810208.jpeg

Any of yall running Milwaukee pack put boxes or any of the other gadgets? They pricey. I am struggling with organization because I don't want two of everything and I do go mobile and some are very handy on jobs. In a perfect world most of my corded stuff would be shop use, but dang them gadgets are handy for short work. Another perfect world idea would be two outfitted rigs, One for the handy, house hold mess I get into and another for the mobile fab and welding. Clyde is already at 14k and out of room, I've had to load a job box on the bed with tools for several jobs.

Back