Military Vehicles Thread

Who needs a tracked amphibious cargo carrier? Will haul 6 tons over very rough terrain, or a small lake. If you have the desire to put an engine/transmission in one, get it running, and do a basic restoration on it, then you can HAVE the 2nd one I have (the one pictured). I do have tracks for it they just are not on it. Engine/transmission are still in this one. It is a M548a1

View attachment 223134

that would be cool. hmm

How did I forget about the helicopters? I bought them from a guy in Jacksonville, NC. The blue one ended up in Sparks, NV and the green one went to Fredricksburg, VA

10317787_664185800339911_3818236147316235529_o.jpg
10549931_664185850339906_3914379719813766623_o.jpg

How do you load those? Enough money on the sale to make it worth it?

The green one was fairly easy to load and unload. Just put the landing gear on and raised it up and backed trailer underneath. The blue one was a PITA when I loaded it as I only had use of a skid steer. Unloading was easy with a 5 ton wrecker. When I sold it we unloaded it with a big front end loader.

I would buy them again tomorrow for what I paid--in a heartbeat.

Heading toward SC near Wicked Needle Tattoo right side in the tree line next to a dirt road. It comes up quick most likely you pass it an turn around. Last I saw there were 5 there. Dirt road has no sign right side take someone to help look out window. Dont know whats going to happen since there're widening the road. Less then 75 yards off 221.

Did some digging on those Huey's. Found where they are located and who owns them, I have a call in to him (and found him on facebook) but no response as of yet. If I had to guess he is a collector (and maybe a pilot?) and not interested in selling. I do know they are behind a gated driveway with a no trespassing sign! It's pretty crazy what you can find on the internet, and the only thing I KNEW was what @Halftrac has posted here.

Gated drive an sign are new,still wild to see that many. Did it say any thing about a cobra? Got one at the VFW in Chesnee SC. Thought maybe he had a finger in it.

Gated drive an sign are new,still wild to see that many. Did it say any thing about a cobra? Got one at the VFW in Chesnee SC. Thought maybe he had a finger in it.

Gated drive is based on 2016 google drive-by images. I can't tell what is there, at a minimum two hueys and possibly other stuff, but that was from aerials and not very clear.

What about the house/shop with the big "H" helipad adjacent and sw of the others.. and it's near heliport Dr.
This is the best I could see them via birds eye
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160804_c270479600d7e87ca03c21e0bd275d59.jpg
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160804_16f1062d6d070c7b60ebac770f8ea42a.jpg

Last edited:
So I'm looking ro towing coverage for my Deuce. I have AAA, but they state that it' sup to the wrecker driver, even if I have paid the RV coverage. SO kind of a no-go there.

Looked at these guys...
Commercial Truck Roadside Assistance for only $399 per year

but kind of pricey for the 3 or 4 times a year I may drive the thing.

Anyone have any better options?

Are you driving it long distance? If just local/semi local I'd call a heavy wrecker business and see what a typical tow would cost.

Another question...need to get a license plate for my deuce. It's titled as a 1972. Can I get a regular plate or will I need a weighted plate? It's obviously over the regular plate weight limit, but does age of the vehicle play a role?

Another question...need to get a license plate for my deuce. It's titled as a 1972. Can I get a regular plate or will I need a weighted plate? It's obviously over the regular plate weight limit, but does age of the vehicle play a role?

I have my 79' titled as a RV (HC for housecar). It is ~$35/year and I can tow whatever I want and it requires no CDL or weighted tag (as long as I don't use it commercially).

Hopefully will have it back to a driving state tomorrow. All seats except driver seat are mounted, front seats will even recline. It is crazy how much time the little stuff takes! Plus side is the title is back so hopefully it won't be much longer and this one will be up for sale. The tan slantback in the background will be next on the engine swap/body off restoration list.

IMG_20160825_170241169.jpg
IMG_20160825_170305291.jpg

Back