mile marker

NORCALHOLLER

ok here it goes i got a mile marker 8,000lbs winch about a month ago.. put it on my jeep, it all worked then the next day then box was dead on it.. so i called them and sent it to them.. they sent me a new box and it worked for one day..and now it does not work again... the box is dead.... i guess the only thing left to do is send it back again.. and again and again... do u think they can give me one that will work or will i just have a winch just for looks??

Do you think that maybe you have other problems? MileMarker makes a quality product, and I've heard few complaints about them. Hell, most people don't have this many problems with Harbor Frieght! Tell us more about your system. Single or dual batteries? How do you have it wired? Where is it grounded? Exactly how do you know "the box" is going bad? Could you have reversed polarity somewhere? There's a lot of stuff you're leaving out. Before we keep blaming the winch, let's make sure it's the winches fault.

i have a single batt..its wired right ..there are 4 wires..red black, yellow and blue... when i called them last i told them it got wet from lite rain and dew and they asked me why i got it wet.. well its mounted on the front of my bummper..its going to get wet.it would work in the afternoon then the next morning nothing.. every pic i see of this winch it has a different box on it.. i have never seen this box on it...its a PE 8,000lbs

Id bet a dollar to a donut you have wiring issues.
Either its wired wrong (admitedly hard to do, but Ive seen it)
Or you have a loose connection, or a bad ground.

I don't know your schedule but I will be in Asheville Thursday...if you'd like a second opinion on the electrical.

i had one from 4 wheel parts bad within a week. i do electronic troubleshooting, so it dident take too long to find the solenoid was bad.
mile marker and chicago electric are the exaxt same winch!
model and serial numbers even cross reference, but 4 wheel parts charges a lot more for their version. guess that mile marker sticker is worth a lot. anyway, they use 1 solenoid for in, and one for out, verses warn, which use 2 for in and 2 for out 4 total.
if you know an electronics guy, he should be able to find whatever is wrong pretty fast. my advice is fix it, sell it, buy a warn. course my thoughts are just based on facts, not tried and true opinion.

Back