May 21st 2016 Workday.

krzyabncanuck

BLM HOTSHOT
Next workday is coming up folks.

As of this time I do not know what is going to be done but I know my wife will be in charge of his one so a bunch of stuff will be on the plate. Please come out and support her like you do for me. Again I will not be there as I am finally on a day off tomorrow or the first time in a few weeks of fighting fires out here. 4 good sized fires so far. Hoping to blow out to my home Province and help fight that huge fire up there here soon. But if not no big deal, as there are plenty of fires to fight down here in the States.

Thanks for all you do to help keep Uwharrie going.

Here is the email I got from Terry. Our club plans to help as needed.

Hi Everyone – Our next work day is May 21st at 9 am at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp. Now last month was a very large disappointment because nobody showed up to volunteer. A few of the CROC members did show up late in the day and met up with me on the trails and they did some work the rest of the day.

We really need your help to complete the barricading of Daniel and Falls Dam Trails. We need to complete the work this year before October so if we can complete the installation of the guardrail in May & June we’ll also be able to meet the requirement of spreading the straw mulch in several areas by our deadline ofSeptember 30th. We’ll have the straw mulch for the June work day.

Rodney & I will meet you all at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp at 9 am on Saturday, May 21st. We’ll be finishing installing guardrail on Daniel Trail and then we’ll be taking guardrail and posts from Daniel over to Falls Dam Trail and on Forest Road 516/Falls Dam Trail. If you have vehicles or trailers that can go on the trails to haul posts and drag guardrail please bring them. We’ll be installing signs and pick up trash too.

There is still some rock at the Dutch John Trailhead and we can use some more of it moved to the blind curve on Dickey Bell Trail. If anyone is coming up that has a vehicle or trailer that can haul rock and take it up Dickey Bell Trail we could have a group work on that.

I hope to see you on May 21st. Thanks a lot for your continued support and help. Bye - Terry

Just getting ready to post that e mail. Thanks for doing that.

I will be there if my Jeep is back on the road again.

Daniel needs your help badly. Please help.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I will be there as of right now. Just need to reattach the hydro assist and fill the diff and take her for a test drive. What kind of help? Guardrail draggin? Installing?

As I understand it about 25 people showed up. I want to thank you all. I heard it was a pretty good workday. I hope everyone that came out was satisfied with the work they accomplished. If not please hit me up off line about what you would like to see done different. I have good reasons for that, that will probably be noticed in about 8 months from now if all goes like I would like it to. Maybe sooner, maybe a bit longer.

Was a good workday. We got everything done and even repaired a section of guardrail that was removed by someone we believe.

Was a good workday. We got everything done and even repaired a section of guardrail that was removed by someone we believe.
Thank you very much.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back