Mall Crawling Racer...... #4410

Media day @ultra4racing Oklahoma! The weather and course is so nasty, they canceled qualifying. It is a 20 mile slippy sloppy loop of kick ass race course.

IMG_2753.JPG

Tornado and flash flood wrecked a ton of stuff. Bridge is out. We are all stuck at the track. Sleeping in the rental car...

Me and half the field decided to use their cars as boats. It did not go as well as one would think. #gonefishing

IMG_2762.JPG

Not sure what place we were in, but we were flying before I dunked it in a flooded area. Took 90 minutes to clear the motor, got going again and the race car felt like a monster! But too much time fixing killed us.

Ultra4 Oklahoma is the gift that keeps on giving..... 1.5 miles from home and my tire blows out.

IMG_2771.JPG

I'm in Day 2 of clean up, it will easily go to day 4 before the mud and rust are gone.

Here's a before-

IMG_2774.JPG

Want to get an idea of post race clean up? Here is 10 hours of cleaning compressed into 3 minutes of time lapse video. The 4410 gets the white glove treatment at casa de REDLYNER.

This was easily the dirtiest it has ever been.... But the real question is, how many wardrobe changes do I make? ;)

IMG_3038.jpg

Time to get serious: I got a manicure AND pedicure this morning in prep for Ultra4 Badlands this weekend.

Water in the intake took me out of U4 Oklahoma, hoping for a dry Indiana!!

New motor is a beast, drivetrain checked out as solid. Chasing a couple of electrical gremlins, but all in all it should be a good car for the weekend.

11 straight hours of rain... This 10 hour drive has taken over 12 hours... still not to the Badlands yet..

IMG_3064.JPG

IMG_3077.JPG

Blown transmission. Pre-running was fairly tough to say the least.

We have the 4410 apart, but can't find a 4wd 4l80 near by.

Took the trans out... couldn't find a replacement. Putting busted one back in, will see if third gear in 4low works... If so, I'm lining up and ripping it.

Back