M35 Deuce and Half in Uwharrie

I just had to share....
Hey guys, while most of ya were at the Farm this weekend I got a little invite to wheel with some VA and Eastern NC boys.

(some of which are on this board and some should be :) )
We had quite the mix of rigs out there, a stock wrangler, an unlimited wrangler, a 460 Ford full size truck, a couple stock cherokees, two other huge Cherokees, a Comanche on 34's, a landcruiser, my Isuzu and ..... a M35 Deuce and Half.

Here's the video from saturday
I didn't get footage of the deuce up the first ledge on Daniel but he obviously got it...
yes boys and girls, we got it up Daniel. No shit.

This is Nelson playin in the mudhole.
alh5.ggpht.com__TQrq1VUJHDA_Sf5gAww_esI_AAAAAAAAFfA_zMMCtqrLOq4_s400_DSC04256.JPG

I have a few more pics. Click the sig if interested

From what i hear, He went up the Z-turn just like the rest of us. Up the hill and back and then turned up toward the three way. He may have taken an extra point to get straight tho.

I was leading so didn't get a chance to get out and have a look, but I believe the tree is still there. Pretty sure.

You'd be surprised, I was, about how large the rocks were that he went over. That thing is tough. Some lines he took I was thinking disaster but not so... Nelson just kept truckin

large rocks wouldnt be an issue....it's got 40 inch tires from the factory and 6 points of traction. tight turns and off camber situations is what would make me nervous.

wow!!

Turbo 465 in most of them.

The previous owner took mine up there but did not make it up Daniel. Stated the the transfercase wasn't working and was 2wd most of the trip.

deuce engine

it is a ldt 465 1c turbo charged multifuel engine. 135 hp the axles stock rockwell with 6.57 gears after all the abuse i also drove it all the way home to wendell

6.72, man...6.72.

it is a ldt 465 1c turbo charged multifuel engine. 135 hp the axles stock rockwell with 6.57 gears after all the abuse i also drove it all the way home to wendell

Nice. Probably not 1/2 the abuse it got when it was a military rig.

not all of them were turbo. There were naturally aspirated models, and then 2 different turbos that were put on them.
And the thing i would be worried about is break over angle....dragging the steps or fuel tank. Did it ever hit those?

Looks like I need to go back to URE, i didnt see that mud whole when I was there and didnt get to experience Daniel!

not all of them were turbo. There were naturally aspirated models, and then 2 different turbos that were put on them.
And the thing i would be worried about is break over angle....dragging the steps or fuel tank. Did it ever hit those?
yeah we ripped off the battery box on the ledge at rocky mt after we hit it. Check the last few seconds of the movie on youtube.

Back