ltr450 wont start

adam greene

i have a suzuki ltr450 just done a big bore kit on it cause the old cylinder was wore a little. its in time getting fire and fuel, checked the valves and there within specs. idn what else to do. any ideas thanks.

Have you checked the compression of the new cylinder? and looked on the wedsite of the big bore to what it should be??

I know it sounds simple but is the plug tight I had a buddy that build a cr125 motor and the plug was loose and caused it not to start was not building enough compression

not yet cant find a compression tool for the small spark plugs im gonna try rolling it off today and see if i can get it to fire, im bout ready to burn it to the ground.

my brother in law worked on his carb on his 250x a few weeks ago and after that it would not start either I pulled him down the road and dumped it in 3rd and it started right up and kicked off fine after that

i tried pulling it off yesterday it hit a couple times but wouldn run. its got compression, fuel fire everything idn what it could be it sounds like timing is off but ive checked it a hundred times and it looks dead on. anyone good at workin on suzukis

Victory Motor sports is where I would take it Chad can fix anything I had some problems with my carb on a old quad I had and he rebuilt it and put a new plug in for 50 and it ran like a new one when I got it back. He is off the Lake Myers exit on 40 but is well worth the drive.

if you have spark, comp., and fuel you should have it running if the timing is right. I would reset the timing and try again

This is probably the same info you already have but everything I can find says at TDC looking at the cam gears. You should have two dots on each gear. The top dot on each gear should be 15 pins on center and the side marks should line up with the top of the head face. One side dot pointing towards the rear of the engine and the other towards the front. If you've got that then mabe you're a tooth off on the crank.

These kind of problems are always a pain and it usually ends up being something simple. Me and a buddy went through this with a samurai a few months ago. It ended up that the whole time we were lining up with the wrong mark on the cam.
Heres a link to a manual page somebody posted on another site that might help if you havent already seen it.
http://www.hugedrive.com/published/WG/show.php?q=RFJVSURFQ0s=-dcc9f718&file=MTQ=

i finally got it running went riding today done good. it wound up bein compression i finally went and got it from my mechanic and fixed it myself needless to say hes not my mechaic no more

Back