LSx Engine Management

I have successfully converted a few rigs to SD (really not that hard to do).
The IAT sensor and pigtail are about $25 and will fit right in the evap solenoid hole in the manifold. And I like getting rid of the MAF and the plumbing nightmare it comes with (if you want it done right).
It is nice to have one less expensive part that can fail and make your engine run like shit IMO.

I do agree that the theory says it helps at part throttle etc, but I have yet to experience a loss in performance or driver feel after deleting a MAF/swapping to SD.

I didn't know about safeties built in the stock ECU. Right now low oil pressure is my main concern and I don't think the factory ECU monitors it. I know you can wire it in through the EGR or AC sensor ports then make custom PIDs, but that probably doesn't let you set up a custom safety table, nor is something that 99% of the people wiring their buggies are interested in / would feel comfortable doing.

It won't hinder performance at all, it's just the difference in measuring air flow vs. manifold pressure. Just my personal preference.

I'm pretty sure they do monitor oil pressure, I can see it on HP Tuners during a data log.

01/02 Duramaxes don't and not all of the Gen III/411 PCMs did, but you can make it :D

01/02 Duramaxes don't and not all of the Gen III/411 PCMs did, but you can make it :D

I know. but that usually involves back dooring sensors etc, not something a random guy with no experience is usually comfortable doing nor necessarily wants to do when he just bought a brand new harness.

And you still can't set up a safety table for low oil pressure after feeding the data in the ECU AFAIK.

I had to cut half of my TerminatorX harness to make it work how I wanted and integrate it with my PDM. I don't mind it because I know what I'm doing and I took the time to inspect it (losts of records of bad crimps etc), but not everyone want to loose their warranty on a new product.

From what I read, if you use a certain OS, it'll work with some added pins. Not terribly difficult, but yeah, I get it.

I have hpTuners. I have a couple wide band 02's. I have cut down my own harnesses. I have tuned my own ECM's. I have dyno access for cheap. I have cut down harnesses and ECM's on the shelf.

I'm probably trying out one of the brand names with the auto tune deals next time around...

Back