Lots of interesting news today

There is a solution for that.
maxresdefault.jpg

Should open a coffee shop next to it that only sells decaf...

Rather than creating a overpriced 'juice water' store, I would rather have seen all the bars in a town do a collaboration to create a mocktail menu.
That said, may be an excellent business idea in certain locations

Rather than creating a overpriced 'juice water' store, I would rather have seen all the bars in a town do a collaboration to create a mocktail menu.
That said, may be an excellent business idea in certain locations
Should open a coffee shop next to it that only sells decaf...
Seems like a place for people who can’t control themselves… I mean I could go into a bar and drink a Pepsi.

Seems like a place for people who can’t control themselves… I mean I could go into a bar and drink a Pepsi.

Who said the people are going because they can't control themselves?

There are a lot of people that like the taste of fancy drinks but don't want the alcohol for a number of reasons (sobriety might be one, but allergies, personal choice, the way it makes them feel, etc). I think it might struggle to make money in the long term (expensive rent in that area), but I think it's awesome to have the option for people that want it. Plus you don't have to deal with any drunk idiot there also!

No way the grossly high paid people in charge didn't know an extra 2 million people and countless new large businesses would be sucking up electricity at a fast rate?
These are non congruent units:
“the rate of growth for Duke Energy's electric usage load is currently 8 times higher than the peak load projected in 2022.”

Was it just a bad projection for 2022?

Are we talking 0.01% vs 0.08% growth? Or 10% load vs 80% load? Huge difference, but exactly the journalism I’d expect from WRAL.

These are non congruent units:
“the rate of growth for Duke Energy's electric usage load is currently 8 times higher than the peak load projected in 2022.”

Was it just a bad projection for 2022?

Are we talking 0.01% vs 0.08% growth? Or 10% load vs 80% load? Huge difference, but exactly the journalism I’d expect from WRAL.
Rate of growth. Public company. You can expect they forecast 10% growth, minimum.

WFH plays into it, electrification of everything, IOT and of course....the elephants in the room. EV and home BESS....plus ever bigger houses requiring more electricity.

Rate of growth. Public company. You can expect they forecast 10% growth, minimum.

WFH plays into it, electrification of everything, IOT and of course....the elephants in the room. EV and home BESS....plus ever bigger houses requiring more electricity.

but the high paid big brains didn't see it coming?

hey....100,000 people are moving here a year.....you think more electricity will be used?!?!

hey mr. planner.....VINFAST and Wolfspeed are building massive new facilties......you think they will need power too??!!!

Damn, if only there was a way homeowners could pay a fixed cost to lock in recurring production of electricity at their point of use and rely less or not at all on the communal electrical grid and increasing energy costs. 🤔

Damn, if only there was a way homeowners could pay a fixed cost to lock in recurring production of electricity at their point of use and rely less or not at all on the communal electrical grid and increasing energy costs. 🤔
Tell me more....
95%+ uptime?
Affordable?
Eco-friendly?
Last for 50+ years?
Generates very little waste in its overall lifecycle?
Let me guess, you have a Tesla and solar panels? :p

Tell me more....
95%+ uptime?
Affordable?
Eco-friendly?
Last for 50+ years?
Generates very little waste in its overall lifecycle?
Let me guess, you have a Tesla and solar panels? :p
What would be REALLY awesome is if you could sucker the feds to give you back some of your tax dollars to cover 30% of the installation costs. :D

What would be REALLY awesome is if you could sucker the feds to give you back some of your tax dollars to cover 30% of the installation costs. :D
Ultimately what’s the life expectancy of said panels, and what do you do after they are bad. I’m 100% against screwing anything to my roof that I just paid 7k to have covered. But I could see a corner of the property having them or something like that.

Back