LOST TRUCK!!!!!!!

tacomatrd00

My grandpa's truck broke down on him about 2 weeks ago in concord or around concord. A guy driving by tried to help but was useless so he just took him to his house. Well a week later me and my dad went to go get the truck but he couldn't remember where he broke down. We have looked but its hard to cover every street. It is a 84 nissan compact pickup extended cab dark blue with a black LF fender, 5 spd. We have called the police, wrecker services, DMV, and title place in raleigh. He was on the way to goodwill in kannapolis he thinks. Just keep a look out if your in the area. Thanks.

I can't say I've ever heard of this before. (Other than in the parking lot at the mall). Hope you find it.

it sounds like it's about time for grandpa to turn his license in. no offense, my family had to take my grandmother's keys not too long ago.

hard thing to do with it being their last bit of independence in most cases, but sometimes it's neccessary for their sake and everyone else on the road.

...spotted wandering around muttering "I'm an excellent driver", then he disappeared..."Uh oh, fifteen minutes to Judge Wapner. "

not to be a pessimist... but... depending on the neighborhood, if the truck sat for a week, I'd think it might be possible that somebody ran away with it.
Of course, it didn't run, lol, so it'd take a flatbed.

report it stolen... the cops will find it if it's still on the side of the road somewhere... and hopefully find it if it's been moved. if not, insurance money :)

Well I just about cried, I thought you lost the Taco...Good luck finding your Dad's truck...

Yeah report it stolen, the cops will find it for ya.. I would guess the DMV towed it somewhere.

You may want to check local junkyards and see if someone picked it up and sold it for scrap. There was a report on the news last year where a guy ran out of gas on the way into work one morning. In the time it took him to get someone to drive him to a station to pick up a tank of fuel, some had picked up his truck. It was found later that same day, completely striped a compacted at the scrap yard. Aparently, the scrap yards are not required to get vehicle titles if the vehicle is a certain age.

Good luck with your search. I hope you find your grandpa's truck.

Thanks for all the help everyone and yes the license is gone and it is hard to do but his and everyones safety is important. We have reported it stolen to the police but 3 weeks now and no news yet we keep calling but no luck yet. I will try to call the junk yards around and see if I find anything. Again Thanks. My number is 704 264 4973 call anytime.

Not sure how efficient that department is, but you might want to call their records section to see if they towed it as an abandoned vehicle. Also check with the other agencies in the area. SHP, Sheriff's Dept, and city (if applicable). If it was in the city, see if they have a department that deals with code enforcement, they will also tow abandoned vehicles.

You are right to check junk yards, but also check large scrappers in the area. Something that has come up in Greensboro lately is cars left on the side of the highway are getting towed and taken to DH Griffin to be sold for scrap. There is no request for title, or registration when selling for scrap, so this is an easy way to make a quick buck. Also damn near impossible to track down the vehicle once it ends up in a metal cube.

Good luck to you.

wow, this is the first i have herd of this scrapping abandoned vehicles.. i mean thats a great incentive for people to steal, they can get a quick buck and leave no evidence.. wow

(good thing i dont have a criminal mind (that i act on))

Back