looking for a good shop in Wilmington

NCJeep

hey - just moved to the area and looking for a shop to do some steering and suspension/fabrication work. Any advice or recomendations are appreciated.

Thanks,
Chip

Best place is Big Wheel Offroad in Hubert, NC

662 Hubert Blvd
Hubert, NC 28539

Talk to Bob, Tell him Bruce from Coastal Carolina Offroad sent you..

Hey cheeseburgers........

You are the first person on this board to say "good" things about Brendan, since Brendan was talking about himself.

I'm just curious what your experiences with him actually consist of?
Last I heard PI had gone under and everybody on here had turned against Brendan.

he's still in business. he's shifted away from the suffering 4wd market (wilmington's 4x4 market is saturated with 20 broke ass college kids for every 1 adult with actual expendable income) for the most part but he's still doing engine swaps and building the shit out of transmissions and massive truck bumpers...

come to think of it... he'll also be doing an oil change and tune up on my work van this weekend!

Still in business eh? well good for him.

Building the shit out of transmissions? That's cool. My transmission had given me problems from the day he gave it to me. I think he did something wrong with the shift kit he put in there.

i dunno much about tranny's but he's been building some pretty sick diesel transmissions from what i've seen around town.

he is building a sick ass 4x4 56 pontiac with a 454 big block in it, as well as putting the new 6.1L hemi into a prowler. He rebuilt the transmission in my truck as well as the rear and front end in my 4runner and they all worked great and haven't given me any problems. And i've seen the diesel transmissions he's been building, my friend bought one and he loves it.

Brendan seems pretty knowledgeable although admittedly he hasn't actually worked on my truck. I know that there certainly have been SEVERAL oops' reported and that certainly can disheartening and thus should factor into the decision. I can speak for his welding and metal fab work as that is certainly quality on most everything I have seen so if that is what you are looking for and you don't have the gusto to do it yourself then I think you aren't gonna go wrong with him. Tranny's are tough work to get right it seems for everyone but given the problems people have had in the past maybe that isn't something that is a great fit for. The solid axle swap nightmare for lost KJ is a story that I think was taken out of context however I do think that the initial work there was not so good (I think Brendan actually agreed with that on this forum before he was booted although he maintained the stance that his low price for the install was under the assumption that this was his first go at said undertaking and as such there would undoubtedly be some bugs to work out). All that to say that without a doubt the best way to do anything is to do it yourself. No one else is ever going to give the attention to your rig that you will. Good luck with your projects present and future.
Cheers!

DO NOT USE Performance Innovations

Brendan at PI is a young arrogant punk! All confirmed by his posting of comments on this site about himself.

IF you want to swing down to Durham we will be happy to take care of you.....

Back