Local source for air pressure switch?

Rich

Asshole at large
Need something universal, to fit into 1/4" NPT.. on around 90-110psi, off around 130 or so.

Usually people use the home compressor style switch (something make by Square D or similar) for OBA, but this switch is exposed to the elements, so something sealed would be good... something like what I have pictured below..

PRE1300.jpg

I used the square d switch on my OBA and got the model rated for wet applications ($2 more:shaking: ) and no problems...
Would not have any idea on the model pictured

Have you looked at places that sell/install air bags?

On Bruisers air bag setup he has a pressure switch that is similar to your pic. His setup is on the workbench at the shop, I can get more info if you want.

jph0913 said:
Have you looked at places that sell/install air bags?

I called *gulp* we doo-doo trucks, and they don't have one in stock. Not really sure who else to call?

I'll give ya $20 for Ken's switch, and you can tell him "I dunno, it was riiight here.." :lol:

hahaha... I dont think you want it, cause im not sure his works anymore. when it was on his ford, it wouldnt turn the compressor off. Thats assuming that we wired it correctly, which i doubt

there is a custom car shop on Navaho dr that installs air bag kits. I cant think of the name its something like misfit customs. Maybe a custom bike shop would have something like that.

Rich, a simple switch like what you said will work. Just seal it. The one I have on my well has been exposed for years(21) and not an issue. Of course it doesn't have mud and such threw at it. but, I do think you could use one and seal it up.

ive also use the regular well pump style switch with no problems. The cover seemed to keep most stuff out. I guess if you were planning to mud bog it you might want somthign else.. But i like the fact that i could even hose the damn thing out with out really hurtning it.. Contacts are easy to see and inspect to see whats going on.. Plus I like the manual off lever..

Lowe's didn't have squat. Will check the hardware store/ Home depot

Ya know, you could have made a call yesterday and ordered it. It would be on the stoop this afternoon. ;)

Not worth spending $20 in shipping on a $20 part, :rolleyes:

Got one at the hardware store in Fuquay for $18.. and found a place where it will fit under the hood (T'd into the line off the compressor to the tank), so it should be OK and out of the weather.

$20 in shipping? That's outrageous. I found them for $22 shipped, without looking too hard.

But what is your time worth? I'm sure you spent more than 30 mins riding around town looking for one. That $4 is worth it to me. But to each his own, I guess.

$22 shipped, next day? Where? Post it for the next guy...

I had to go Grainger for mine... all the hardware lowes varietys cut off at 100-110

I went through Grainger and had a wider range of on off pressure options. Went with 135-165 for my set up....

Like 24-26 shipped

Also for thsoe using it. a 1/2" or 3/4" romex push through connector and the same aize knowckout plug on the other side and a little clear silicone sealed things up...

ANd by the way since they opened the mud pit 2 miles aay I have been through theer with it 4 or 5 times and no probs yet...

Back