LKQ hwy 70

Wwildman

Never Give UP
A friend of mine went there yesterday . he cut out a small square of sheet metal from a cj . When he went up to the counter the parts flunky's tried to charge him 40.00 for it .he told them he could buy a whole floor for 27.00 . then the said they would sell it to him at his cost of 15.00 .Well he lost his temper threw the p;ate at them and said he would never be back . BTW he spends around 10 k a year there .
I had worked there awhile ago it was never this bad . After the treatment of my friend and some sour dealing I have had with them I will never go back . They have gotten greedy and outragous on their used parts .

So if you are looking for any used parts Find some place else to get them and boy cot LKQ

Rant off

If we get enough complaints they will change their way of selling but I still will not go back to them .I have gone in there and walked out with pockets full of fuses . I came up there with a fuse box with fuses in it and they tried to charge me for each fuse and the wiring harness made to it .

Wait... so you admit to stealing stuff, but you're pissed they try to nickel and dime you for every part you offer to buy?

The prices are posted on the wall at the front door. Not sure what the disagreement is here.

And as to changing their policies... the last time I was over there, I couldn't find anyplace to park. I'm not sure they're hurting for customers.

The trick is to get what you need and nothing more, and nothing that isn't on their list of parts prices.

I was in a hurry once and yanked a complete intake off of an LT1, left everything on it like injectors and TB and all. Guy wanted to charge me over $300 because it had everything on it. I guess I can understand why, but had I stripped it down I would have just thrown the shit into the trunk of the car behind me anyway, and it would have only brought them 37 cents worth of scrap metal because no one is going to buy shit they don't know what it is.

Sometimes having the prices listed is a good thing, sometimes it really sucks.

Do you guys walk into WalMart and expect good(any) service ? This place is WalMart parts shopping.

You should be happy they still let you walk around and pull your own parts.

Wait... so you admit to stealing stuff, but you're pissed they try to nickel and dime you for every part you offer to buy?

The prices are posted on the wall at the front door. Not sure what the disagreement is here.

And as to changing their policies... the last time I was over there, I couldn't find anyplace to park. I'm not sure they're hurting for customers.
I used to work there not everything has a posted price it is up to the salesman's to put a price on it when there is no price listed .
As for stealing it was OK for me to get a pocket full of fuses by the plant manager .

So to summarize this thread:

My friend went to LKQ and tried to buy some parts that weren't listed on the parts sheet. He didn't like the price the counter guy came up with, so they negotiated a lower price. This still wasn't good enough, so my friend acted like a child by throwing his parts at the salesman and storming out.

Also, when I worked for LKQ, they would let me take things for free.

Therefore, LKQ is a terrible business and we should organize a boycott of them.

... and then?

Oh, right, they negotiated down to HALF of the price he said he could get such a piece of metal for brand new.

Then he was a jerk.

Then we boycott.

If it was me I would be happy you even found a CJ at an LKQ location. I used to work for LKQ years ago. They are catering to the insurance industry. They dont have many self serve yards any more and there prices are based off of demand by the isurance companys.

What that means is if the adjuster from allstate calls in and needs fenders and a hood and already has a quote from the dealer, they only have to beat it by 15%. That means for the DIY crowd like ourselves, high priced used parts. Unless your needing late model parts, I would just stick to pull a part.

The auto shop i work for gets stuff from them all the time and they deliver it to us! I always thought most of there stuff was resonabally priced concidering they deliver it to usin Hudson for no charge. Some of there late model used engines are a little pricey until we price a new one and then its not so bad. The only problem i have when i do a motor job and get one from them is they cut shit all to hell and brake more parts than any one i have ever seen getting the motor out! What the hell do they do, use a tractor and chain and yank it out?

LKQ stands for? where exactly is this located? I'm always interested in a good parts yard, the local one to me sucks

They quoted me $300 for a bench seat with center armrest / console about a month ago. Cloth - not leather. I didn't even bother to say thanks for the quote as I closed up my phone to pay for a leather one from a guy I found on craigslist for $150. If anybody remembers Cheap John's in Clayton, they were the bomb. They stuck in my head for comparison of today's standards of a u-pull-it yard. Doubt I'll try LKQ ever again?

LKQ stands for like kind quality. Its and insurance term. LKQ is actually the name of the company though. They are the only salvage company publically traded on the stock market. They are actually the largest salvage company in the world.

I thought thier prices were pretty good. They have gone up since the last time I was there. Went this weekend and seen the cj in the back of the lot. They also had a 1970 dodge truck too. It has been a few months since I been there before this weekend.

Back